Teachers' names at Hurlfield Boys

Alan52

• 3 weeks later...

Cor reading that lot bought some memories back

we were bussed up from Darnall to Hurlfied

and used to fight the boys fm Ashleigh and shag the girls (oops)

I remember hougmont and Meg Jepson, creeber rings a bell as well (I was there 71 - 77)

going down for a cob and chips at lunch,

had my first pint in a pub just off the back of them shops,

T'Rex - Marc Bolan visited there and he threw a scarf and I caught it and gave to a blond girl Kay .......

The youth club was the best part of the school apart from the creep that ran it.

Had plenty of stand ups round the back!

When it rained we used to sneak into Jepsons drama room and chase 2 girls with big tits

She caught us once and was furios, got the cane of MRs Henderson.

I also remember an art teacher who smashed a brick over a kid for talking in his lesson, we tried to strike and got the cane again. Oh what memories

I dont recall the name of the pub, but I got my first pint at about 13 or 14 in half a school uniform, it was binned because the older ones protested so much.

Another pub I got served in was the Fellbrig just off the norfolk park estate.

which was amazing coz I was quite small compared to all my mates I knocked around with, 1 of them still lives in Sheffield and visits me on a regular basis (down south).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Hi just found this thread by chance, My dad was Clifford poxon, unfortunately he did pass away in 2004, he was just 53, after 2 yrs battling cancer, he was a big man and brave to the end , he never moaned or complained he just got on with it, I was wondering if anyone remembered him from school and had any stories they would share , I would love to hear what he was like when he was little, ( was he ever little?) lol

Thanks Kathy

RIP Clifford Poxon 6/7/04

Archived