Wearing full make up to the gym - why?

Right am in the coffee bar at my gym, awaiting the start of my 9:30 spinning class.

Why on earth do so many women go to the gym in full make-up? I've never understood it. The women's running group is congregating outside and some of them are groomed as if they were going on a night out.:loopy:

and why would this bother u ? :huh:

If they wanna do there face up to the hills it wouldnt bother me, thats up to them. Some women need to have it on all the time for different reasons not just to look better :suspect:

Some women feel more confident when they have make-up on, and lets face it, wobbling about in a bit of lycra, you need all the help you can get.

Maybe they also want to see what they'd look like if they ever melted, once they break a sweat.

I can understand you're reasonings with regard to making themselves feel better etc, but some women do it for swimming in a morning too - mascara down the cheeks is NOT a pretty sight! You're sweating, you're going to get wet, it's not going to look good in the end.

Right am in the coffee bar at my gym, awaiting the start of my 9:30 spinning class.

Why on earth do so many women go to the gym in full make-up? I've never understood it. The women's running group is congregating outside and some of them are groomed as if they were going on a night out.:loopy:

probably the same mums that do it for school:rolleyes::rolleyes:

and why would this bother u ? :huh:

If they wanna do there face up to the hills it wouldnt bother me, thats up to them. Some women need to have it on all the time for different reasons not just to look better :suspect:

It doesn't bother me I just wonder why bother when you're sweating up a storm. Seems like a wasted effort.

Right off to spin - am not wearing any makeup.

Then why on earth didn't go up to one and ask them?

Common sense really.

More to the point, what the hell's a 'Spinning Class'?

Surely you don't get so sweaty sitting over a spinning wheel with a hank of sheep's wool? Don't go pricking your finger on a spindle because I'm not so sure these days that the council will let you get away with allowing a hedge to grow for 100 years until Prince Charming can come and wake you with a kiss :D

So they look more attractive for the men folk i would have thought?? The gym is a good place to meet people.

Archived