Wearing full make up to the gym - why?

Right am in the coffee bar at my gym, awaiting the start of my 9:30 spinning class.

Why on earth do so many women go to the gym in full make-up? I've never understood it. The women's running group is congregating outside and some of them are groomed as if they were going on a night out.:loopy:

Is it because they just came from work perhaps?

Sorry - I should have been more explicit in the thread title. No I mean the ones who go first thing in the morning in full make-up only to sweat it all off and then reapply it all afterwards.

Sorry - I should have been more explicit in the thread title. No I mean the ones who go first thing in the morning in full make-up only to sweat it all off and then reapply it all afterwards.

They must be really conscious of how they look if they did that. Or its their usual routine and they forgot its gym day? :hihi:

Sometimes I go to work without realising that I look so terrible, and then I quickly put some make up on in the ladies. Other times I don't care, cos I haven't even slept cos of the bloomin work. :rolleyes:

No Bag, honestly I have been to the gym first thing in morning sometimes (sad I know) when it opens at 6.30am. I can gurantee when I turn the corner into the car park the car park is full at 6.40am (do these people not sleep?) anyway when I go into the changing rooms to get ready it is honestly some-thing out of step-ford wives but with out the musical, most of them have their hairdone, slap on and are rearing to go. One can only assume instead of having had their Weetabix by mistake they have taken a Durrecell battery instead because they look charged and ready to go and poor bizzle is only half a wake at the time.

No Bag, honestly I have been to the gym first thing in morning sometimes (sad I know) when it opens at 6.30am. I can gurantee when I turn the corner into the car park the car park is full at 6.40am (do these people not sleep?) anyway when I go into the changing rooms to get ready it is honestly some-thing out of step-ford wives but with out the musical, most of them have their hairdone, slap on and are rearing to go. One can only assume instead of having had their Weetabix by mistake they have taken a Durrecell battery instead because they look charged and ready to go and poor bizzle is only half a wake at the time.

Yes I agree it is mind boggling. Hair fully straightened, foundation, eye make-up, lipstick, jewellery & perfume!!!!! Only to have to redo the lot again in 90 minutes time. I don't do any of the above just to go to the gym (well don't wear foundation anyway). I fall out of bed, clean teeth, leave hair au naturel, put some deodorant on, wear only a watch (which I clock watch throughout 60 minute spinning class) - and off I go.

None of the female instructors at my gym wear any make-up.

Yes I agree it is mind boggling. Hair fully straightened, foundation, eye make-up, lipstick, jewellery & perfume!!!!! Only to have to redo the lot again in 90 minutes time. I don't do any of the above just to go to the gym (well don't wear foundation anyway). I fall out of bed, clean teeth, leave hair au naturel, put some deodorant on, wear only a watch (which I clock watch throughout 60 minute spinning class) - and off I go.

None of the female instructors at my gym wear any make-up.

Bizzle -------- has an update------but later, stay tuned......;)

Thanks doll, I'll take that as a compliment. Talking of which, when can I borrow your black leather thigh boots which will complement my inordinately long pins?!

Aye love, no worries. Do you want them with the black ribbons or the red?

The fitter and more efficent the body is, the earlier on into exercise it sweats as this is how it cools down. Fact.

Lizzmobile RSA ETM

Call I be called Bagsy? :hihi:

I know what you mean. Where are these superdupercharged women from? :hihi: I tried doing this when I was younger, and found that I quickly rather spend a few more hours asleep than to get up and do my makeup and hair. I annoy myself when I spend so much time messing around with my hair.

I think it can be done for a short while, but over long term, and especially if you have a hectic job, it's hardly relaxing. Between looking pretty and being sane. I rather be sane with a bit more sleep.

Gosh, you girls are dedicated. I don't think I can do morning gym.

Archived