Wearing full make up to the gym - why?

Whats the problem with women keeping appearances??? I go to the gym straight after work which means i also have a full face of makeup which after i've worked up a sweat gets washed off in the shower... so why is this loopy?? :confused::huh:

Nothing wrong with women keeping up appearances at all, I thought I'd stated that. And going to the gym with make up on after work or wherever is totally different. It's the women who get dolled up first thing in the morning just to go to the gym to then have to reapply it all again afterwards. It just seems totally bizarre to me. Maybe I should have been more explicit in my OP, but as it was posted first thing this morning, I assumed it was sort of obvious.

Perhaps she lacks confidence and feels the need to look her best at all times, and if that includes wearing full make up, and after a while slide off her face than so be it. She just might be insecure (or desperate to get a bloke!)

But the gym at that time(9:00am) hardly has any men in it. It's frequented mostly by mums who either work part-time or not at all. Just seems bizarre. It wouldn't boost my confidence to have lipstick smeared all over my face, eye make-up running down and clogged up pores from perspiration and foundation.

Didn't we discuss the same points on that "Why do some women look nice when they go to Meadowhall because I'm a jealous fat frump" thread recently :roll:

And the answer now is what it was back then... because THEY want ME :8

Another group of gym goers than made me go :huh: were the blokes (at places like Livingwell) who were pasty pigeon chested.... etc..... who would spend an hour in their Speedo's sitting on a sun lounger at the side of the pool, then would make their way to the jacuzzi...... and then repeat the cycle.

Fair comment, if your a bloke with a gladiator/warrior like body, then posing at the side of the pool is understandable.................but why do the pot bellied, pigeon chested blokes pose at the pool? :huh:

Well seeing as I've hardly started any threads and have posted on a wide range of non-women related issues, then you should perhaps try reading a few of them before you go making such assumptions.

I like reading your posts/threads Suffragette they are quite interesting. I agree with you on the whole gym things. I go six days a week (I am trying to keep up with Madonna..:roll: though I am only 26....:hihi:) and at different times due to work committments etc.

Some of the women at the gym I go to are all dolled up and I think to myself I must be in the wrong place rather than the gym I must have entered a club.

Personally I dont understand it myself perhaps they think they are going to bump into Brad Pitt...:love:....or perhaps they are just a wee bit insecure and the make-up gives them a boost?

And dont even get me start on women who are on a training machine yet are not training but just bumming around or gossiping to their friend.....:rant:

Just out of curiosity which gym do you go to?

Another group of gym goers than made me go :huh: were the blokes (at places like Livingwell) who were pasty pigeon chested.... etc..... who would spend an hour in their Speedo's sitting on a sun lounger at the side of the pool, then would make their way to the jacuzzi...... and then repeat the cycle.

Fair comment, if your a bloke with a gladiator/warrior like body, then posing at the side of the pool is understandable.................but why do the pot bellied, pigeon chested blokes pose at the pool? :huh:

love it........and well correct to.......:thumbsup:

Because we can!

Archived