Carling academy

R_kid

I went to see Charlatans there on Friday and was impressed with it as a live music venue, good view of the stage (wasnt on the balcony), going to the bar didnt mean losing a view of the stage and got served quickly. The fact that Tim was on great form made it even better - and I dont really care about sticky carpets!

It is far preferable to have sticky carpets in a live music venue than bare hard floors. Because if you go and see a band when the venue isn't completely full up, the acoustics are much better when there are soft furnishings in the room like carpets.

Also when the band is preparing before the public come in, the sound checks are slightly easier if the place is not a hard bare shell. This will mean that the sound engineers don't have to waste the first couple of songs rescuing the live sound. and it sounds good from the first note.

This is another reason why the sound at large venues like arenas are always poor. Because you need 10,000 people in the place to soak up the reverb.

I went to see Charlatans there on Friday and was impressed with it as a live music venue, good view of the stage (wasnt on the balcony), going to the bar didnt mean losing a view of the stage and got served quickly. The fact that Tim was on great form made it even better - and I dont really care about sticky carpets!

toyally agree mate top night, nice sound n enough space to drink me pint without splashing it over the person who just barged passed me, will def go again. n can everyone chill about the carpet comment. was only trying to get a feel of what the venue was like? its been a while since i went to see hitman n her n just woundered if it was the same:D

I went to see the Kooks there with my girlfriend, everyone around us spent the gig alternating between enjoying the night and wiping off the booze which was getting down from the balcony ... sounds good, looks like a converted nightclub, not sure I'll be going back anytime soon

Sticky carpet:I thinks it's the finish/the material. I got down to have a shufti and it looked clean enough..and it didn't feel tacky to my hand as it did to my shod feet!

I don't like the way they serve drinks up at a gig and then try to get you out before you've even raised your glass 'cos the club nights about to start...... close the bars 30 minutes before you want the place empty I say.

It smacks of money grubbing.

They may as well say " You've paid your money, seen the band, now p*** off out because we can ship another bunch of punters in"

went to see the pigeon detectives, view was ok was stood at the back but it does look like it's been done on the cheap, they could've at least cleaned up the tiles outside a bit it looks proper scruffy from the outside, not really a venue we can be proud of as such but at least it will bring some decent bands to sheffield, we've needed a mid-size venue for years,

Gatecrasher 15th Birthday - Armin Van Buuren & Ferry Corsten

Gatecrasher – We are 15

Carling Academy Sheffield

Saturday 20th September 2008

10pm – 6am

Buy tickets NOW!

Crasher Arena

Armin Van Buuren

Ferry Corsten

Sied Van Riel

DJ Remy

Tickets & Information