Blocked ears, now perforated, how long to heal?

Exactly. Olive oil may soften ear wax, but does NOT remove it. Cotton buds are the worst things you can put in your ears.

Do you mean generally? (not just when you've got an infection or something)

Yes generally. People can scrape the delicate lining of the ear ,causing an infection.Also if they go too far down,can burst the ear drum.

Very true. Expert medical advice (from the District Nurse) was, "Never put anything smaller than your elbow into your ear!"

And definitely don't use cotton wool to keep the oil in yer ears, 'cos that's bad, too.

Yes generally. People can scrape the delicate lining of the ear ,causing an infection.Also if they go too far down,can burst the ear drum.

Oh dear, better stop using cotton buds then:)

What's the safest way to clean your ears then?

Very true. Expert medical advice (from the District Nurse) was, "Never put anything smaller than your elbow into your ear!"

And definitely don't use cotton wool to keep the oil in yer ears, 'cos that's bad, too.

That's a good one.

I must say, I'm generally ms extremely-well-behaved with my ears but it's been that bad and so much gunk has come out and I can feel it loosening when I do but then it gunks up again.

If I pop my ears it clears for a second and sticks back together.

Maybe that makes it glue ear?

(Flipping super glue ear!)

Archived