Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?

I think it's possible for people to change. There are plenty of people who did once but don't anymore and won't again. I agree with Medusa on the general principle that the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour, but it's onlya general principle and there are plenty of exceptions.

Yes, once a cheat always a cheat. My ex cheated on me and she has shown over and over again that she cant help but cheat.

She will say that she really likes this bf then a few weeks later someone finds out shes cheated

No offence but doesn't that just show that one particular human being (your ex) is still cheating -it doesn't show that she always will nor that everyone who has ever cheated will continue to do so indefinitely.

I think it's possible for people to change. There are plenty of people who did once but don't anymore and won't again. I agree with Medusa on the general principle that the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour, but it's onlya general principle and there are plenty of exceptions.

I agree with both Halibut & Medusa. However, I am one exception as my track record wasn't great yet have been 100% utterly faithful to my husband and had opportunities but have still remained true & will do till death us do part. That said I wouldn't personally trust someone who had a really poor relationship history.

I do, however, believe that everyone should be given a second chance. But it's whether it was an aberration or not that is the issue. Some people just refuse and are unable to remain faithful, my brother-in-law being a case in point yet my sister-in-law is still with him for some unbeknown reason. He is a real opportunist and has made it clear that he'd like to add me to his string of infidelities:gag:. He will never change and has little incentive to as his wife continually forgives him and blames the other woman rather than him.:huh:

I agree with both Halibut & Medusa. However, I am one exception as my track record wasn't great yet have been 100% utterly faithful to my husband and had opportunities but have still remained true & will do till death us do part. That said I wouldn't personally trust someone who had a really poor relationship history.

huh:

Well done so far but....Never say never..........

I haven't cheated on the missus either. And I wouldn't fancy my chances of pulling even if I wanted to. I was never very much good at that even when I was single. I think it was partly because my attempts to be subtle when meeting attractive women were usually betrayed by my tongue hanging out.

Well done so far but....Never say never..........

I haven't cheated on the missus either. And I wouldn't fancy my chances of pulling even if I wanted to. I was never very much good at that even when I was single. I think it was partly because my attempts to be subtle when meeting attractive women were usually betrayed by my tongue hanging out.

Well I suppose the real test then is whether or not you take the opportunity when it's presented to you. I haven't. And nor do I believe has he. Furthermore, if he had I'd much rather not know about it unless he were in love with someone else. Anyway I ensure he's always too exhausted to go sniffing around anyone else! 11 years together & still strong.

Archived