Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?

In all honesty i believe people can change if they want to, my fiancé was a serial cheat, cheated on every single one of his girlfriends before me, i only know this because we were best friends before we got togther, had we got together before being such good friends i wouldn't have gone anywhere near him if truth be told because i always believed people couldn't change.

However my OH has never and wouldn't cheat on me, i trust him 110% and he knows exactly what would happen if he did cheat on me :hihi:

Nope i think a cheater can change, they grow up, mature, realise its not worth it. I know somebody whos 26 and is now engaged to his fiancee, who is also the first girl hes not cheated on in his life, and they are both blissfully happy.

I'll admit it, I have cheated of guys before - but what I realised is that it was just disrespectful. They didn't deserve to be treated that way.

Now if Im in a relationship and someone tries to tempt me, I sit back, take stock of the situation and ask myself if its worth it?

It never is, so thats why I don't do it now.

Its not nice and its not clever.

But cheating is crappy. I've cheated, I have been cheated on and I was also the 'other woman' - unknown to me at the time.

Nope i think a cheater can change, they grow up, mature, realise its not worth it. I know somebody whos 26 and is now engaged to his fiancee, who is also the first girl hes not cheated on in his life, and they are both blissfully happy.

Thats great, but who knows what the future will bring, one day temptation may come along, even many years down the line...never say never I say..:rolleyes:

sorry to sound pessimistic, but it happens, and a lot...

I don't think once a cheat always a cheat - I have cheated in the past and now I don't. What's the point? You only feel bad.

I do think that what goes around comes around though so all the bad I did previously, I had back on me. So now I have a clean slate!

Thats great, but who knows what the future will bring, one day temptation may come along, even many years down the line...never say never I say..:rolleyes:

sorry to sound pessimistic, but it happens, and a lot...

I agree, it does. However, my experience is that it's those who settle down with their first love/childhood sweetheart or whatever, who suddenly have a midlife crisis and worry that they've missed out as they never got to 'sow their wild oats' as it were. Those are the ones more likely to stray after years of fidelity. I've seen it happen time and time again.

As I said, I've been on all sides of the equation before, it's not worth it, I have far too much to lose. I'm also as sure as I could ever possibly be that my husband wouldn't either.

i don't think its a case of "once a cheat, always a cheat", i think it depends on circumstance as well. Due to being abused as a child and thinking that i was only here on this earth to have sex with as many men as possible, i cheated in every relationship i had, even throughout my 15 year marriage, and i know now that that was because i was very unhappy in the relationship and didn't know how to/wasn't strong enough to do something about it. But now i'm in a relationship thats very good, i'm happier than i've ever been, and wouldn't dream of cheating on my partner. (I was even asked by a bloke i've slept with before if i wanted to meet up again, and i didn't even think about it, the answer was NO).

So no i don't think once a cheat always a cheat

Archived