Once A Cheat, Always A Cheat?

I was never very much good at that even when I was single.

Liar, liar..pants on fire..in fact so hot they vapourised, before the girls could drag em off!

I think it was partly because my attempts to be subtle when meeting attractive women were usually betrayed by my tongue hanging out.

..that was the bit they liked! :hihi:

If someone, in a given relationship under given circumstances, has cheated, I think it's reasonable to assume that in the same relationship and circumstances, they will do so again. So far as that goes, yes - once a cheat, always a cheat. If your partner has had affairs but says it's all over and wants to be faithful from now on - sod that, it won't happen.

That said, someone who has cheated in a past relationship won't necessarily do so in a future one. This depends on which of innumerable reasons was the cause of them cheating the first time around.

I'm also reminded of a famous quote - so famous, in fact, that I can't remember who said it :D

"When a man marries his mistress, he creates a job vacancy."

If someone, in a given relationship under given circumstances, has cheated, I think it's reasonable to assume that in the same relationship and circumstances, they will do so again. So far as that goes, yes - once a cheat, always a cheat. If your partner has had affairs but says it's all over and wants to be faithful from now on - sod that, it won't happen.

That said, someone who has cheated in a past relationship won't necessarily do so in a future one. This depends on which of innumerable reasons was the cause of them cheating the first time around.

I'm also reminded of a famous quote - so famous, in fact, that I can't remember who said it :D

"When a man marries his mistress, he creates a job vacancy."

just what I was trying to say...thanks heyesey :rolleyes:

I can't be bothered with one boyfriend, let alone waste my time with two:):hihi:

If mr sexy right came along, then I might make an effort. I wouldn't cheat on anyone as it's just asking for trouble and there's no point in it, just like there's no point in being with someone where the relationship is obviously gonna go nowhere.

I think people who have cheated, can change. As people do make mistakes, and people hopefully learn from them.:)

Before we got together, my husband wasn't really a cheat as such but more 'free' with his loving towards lots of women! (Many of whom happened to be my friends as he and I were initially just friends living together, so I always knew what was going on!)

Once we'd got together he made it clear he wouldn't be doing that anymore and I'm pretty sure he hasn't and we've been together 5 years and are now married with 2 kids.

• 3 years later...

Hi

There are many tell, tale signs re a cheat, some are posted below.

As entering or leaving the office, straight on the mobile.

At the office, directly into Emails.

At the office, making calls early morning on their mobile or co phone and doing this very quietly.

Dressing difereently.

Happeir than usual.

Taking off half days or leaving early or longer lunch breaks than usual.

Hiding their phone form their other half and getting angry when the other half touches the mobile.

Quickly changing pages on the net as the other hald comes over and locking their computer and mobils.

Encoraging their other half to go out with their mates more just like he/she does.

there are more

Archived