Remember Balti King or Millennium?

briggy1967

balti king is rubbish - currys for people who don't know what a proper curry is, all the dishes were the same - lumps of meat in different coloured and varyingly spicy sauce.

And everyone know's the the broomhill friery is the daddy of the chippies, anyone remember the 30p cone of chips during the price war with that green place over the road?

Millenniums is the worst takaway place I have ever been to (having lived in Sheffield, Leeds & Manchester over the past 3-4 years that's saying something!).

The reason it was so cheap was because the food was completely sub-standard; having that place next to Broomhill Friery is just embarassing.

• 3 weeks later...

Balti King - I love this place, food is fantastic, atmosphere and service are great too. I studies in Sheffield for 4 years and spent loads of time here with friends. Now I'm back working in Sheffield I've been a few times in the last couple of months - it great - I'd definately recommend it. Seven spices on West Bar is a good indian too.

I must agree with Daytripper. Balti King is one of the Best Indian restaurants in Sheffield - the food is top notch. Its in a good location. I was there at the weekend with some colleagues and we had a great night - friendly and quick service and really good food. I would definately recommend it too!

I lived in Broomhill from 1997 - 2000 and only ate from Millenium once not long after it opened. I was ill for two days afterwards, as were two of my housemates. Didn't complain, because it's almost what you expect for such horribly cheap food.

We never went back though - wasn't worth the risk! Even as a student, I prefered to pay for quality.

Balti King's food is awful. As bassman-x said, no matter what you order, it all tastes the same, just in a different colour sauce. :gag:

Originally posted by daytripper

I must agree with Daytripper. Balti King is one of the Best Indian restaurants in Sheffield - the food is top notch. Its in a good location. I was there at the weekend with some colleagues and we had a great night - friendly and quick service and really good food. I would definately recommend it too!

You must agree with yourself? I don't understand,you replied to your own post in agreement?

Originally posted by daytripper

And I must agree with Edd...theres something very odd about your post! :P

Theres lots of great curry places in sheffield....but balti-king isnt one of them...

If you seriously think Balti King is good, then I think you either need to get out more, or be prepared to spend a little bit more. Balti King is to curry what O'Neill's is to Irish pubs (or what the Corrs are to Irish music).

Lumps of meat - quite which meat we're not sure - covered in food colourings, bland, uninspired to frankly, boring. It's that bad I'm amazed they've not re-christened it MacBalti.

Try The Real Thing, Ambar on Ecclesall Road or Clay Oven on Oakbrook Road. Food created by chefs who want their customers to appreciate the herbs and spices and the tenderness of the meat albeit at a slightly higher cost than you'd expect elsewhere.

Balti King does exactly what it says on the packet. It caters for well oiled youngsters, desperately in need of some food at some early hour in the morning. Usually, the market is students - look at the promotions they do, all aimed at the student. (I'm not student bashing here either.)

If that's what floats yer boat, it's yours. Just don't pretend it's authentic because nothing could be further from the truth.

Archived