I need help with my family tree!

Hi Tomlinson,

I too am using Ancestry but have reverted to the time consuming name by name search of quarters in the right time frame.......

I am astonished by this family.... If you put together the info that i have found and the stuff that Tuppie posted shortly after it becomes clear that John and Cecilia had 8 children.. only 3 of which survived.. Frank, Cecilia and Herbert. You know... my mums family and ancestors were born in and around Tinsley Park and they too had lots of infant deaths... it makes you wonder if there might not have been something about the area and industry (as it was both coal and steel) at the time ???

Anyway I have some more info on Frank and Herbert but am just finishing piecing it together for you ... will let you have it ASAP

Hi Tomlinson,

I too am using Ancestry but have reverted to the time consuming name by name search of quarters in the right time frame.......

I am astonished by this family.... If you put together the info that i have found and the stuff that Tuppie posted shortly after it becomes clear that John and Cecilia had 8 children.. only 3 of which survived.. Frank, Cecilia and Herbert. You know... my mums family and ancestors were born in and around Tinsley Park and they too had lots of infant deaths... it makes you wonder if there might not have been something about the area and industry (as it was both coal and steel) at the time ???

Anyway I have some more info on Frank and Herbert but am just finishing piecing it together for you ... will let you have it ASAP

Hi devlin thank more than i can say, them two names you sent are my cousin once removed, Thank again Bill Tomlinson

I would like THANK you all for the VALUABLE help given by the Sheffield Forum, I think it is a good thing and all towns should have one. All the information given by you was all correct therefor very valuble. i wish i knew how you did it (it would make my life easier).

Once again Thanks to all of you.

Best Regards

Bill Tomlinson

Archived