Recommend me a vacuum cleaner!

HENRY- everytime!

Reasons:-

1. It's robust and got great suction. Hotels use them & how many rooms does each cleaner have to do everyday? Gets more hammer than a domestic hoover & keeps going.

2. I've been told that they are British made. Think in these hard times we need to support our own manufacturing base (as long as the products are top notch & these are!)

3. Very reasonably priced for a semi-industrial cleaner.

Nb Last one I had was a VAX. Was made in China & was bobbins. Wouldn't recommend them at all! Cheap plastics were used in that, & it was all too apparent. Chinese build quality as well.

Agreed 100% - even about VAX - Henry's are great. I know people who have had probs with Dysons. Didn't know they were British made - even better.

Dysons are not all they're cracked-up to be.

Our's motor burned out after only six months - it was replaced under warranty though.

The filters have to be washed out and thoroughly dried every six months and for the bagless types, you'll need to wear a dust mask to empty them!

Hiya I am wanting to get a new vacum and I am wondering which to get. I am swaying towards dyson but are they worth the money? I would prefer an upright one too. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what model to get and where to get it from, cheers

Oreck. (Had it for about 6 years)

I have an upright, not cheap by very very good.

http://www.oreck.co.uk/

Note : I have just noticed the original post dated 27-05-2008:!:......I assume the OP has purchased his vac by now:!:

the robotic ones that do their own thing are quite funny to watch, best pressie I ever got my mum, like a pet she doesn't have to walk!!!

I reckon! We've got the iRobot Roomba 560 and it's great. It even goes and charges itself up when its finished.

We also tried a cheap chinese one from ebuyer but it's total rubbish and never managed to complete a mission without giving up in some pathetic way.

iRobot also make the Scooba robot that washes floors.

we don't buy hoover bags any more ! i made a hoover bag from the leg of an old pair of jeans , it works brill you gat even wash it in the washing machine.

A big problem my daughter found with her new dyson was that it took the pile from the carpet ,which is a good quality carpet. dysons can be a little harsh, the carpet is showing signs of wear now and it is now very old!

Long Live The Old Hoover Senior

I reckon! We've got the iRobot Roomba 560 and it's great. It even goes and charges itself up when its finished.

We also tried a cheap chinese one from ebuyer but it's total rubbish and never managed to complete a mission without giving up in some pathetic way.

iRobot also make the Scooba robot that washes floors.

That's the one I bought my mom, she finds it hilarious that it takes itself home, and practically wet herself watching 'youve been framed-esque' youtube videos of kids and pets riding around on them! (bless)

Not sure how it works on carpets and the scooba though, my mom has wooden floors so it hasn't been put to the test yet.

I made my own out of a spare 27 litre Rolls Royce merlin engine to power it and the brother of the Hindenburg R101 zeppelin for the dustbag. I find it best to remove the entire contents of the house to a "safe area" down the road before starting it up. It's also a good idea to wear a space suit whilst operating it as in this case "vacuum" means Vacuum! Hope this information has been of assistance. PS it's a bit tricky up the stairs as well

Alcobloc could you make me one of those vacc., but with an added docking station with the idea of refueling it's self, also i think that there is room for improvement to assist in stair work ?? maybe some sort of hover feature would help ? i will leave it to you !

Archived