XP Virus (all XP users look in)

well you could always buy EX Trust anti-virus and stop it getting into your system in the first place. :lol:

I wonder if EZ trust will give me commission?? I have said before and I will say it again - prevention is better than cure. Best anti-virus programe I have come across

Moon

http://www.umbrellaonline.co.uk/msblast.html

Symantec have now released a removal tool for the virus.

Anyone that was infected with this virus is advised to get a firewall up and running by August 16th, this message has been travelling the messengers today:

WARNING SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ANYONE WHO GOT THE RPC ERROR NEEDS TO GET A FIREWALL AND BLOCK OUT PORT 135 ON THE 16TH THE VIRUS WILL BEGIN TO EAT YOUR WINDOWS UPDATE FILE THIS IS THE BEGINING OF THE NEW VIRUS

That is a nasty little piece of work. A friend of mine spent hours round my house last night...clearing it, reclearing it, reclearing it, almost ad infinitum. Finally got up a firewall and virus checker, but not before the computer came within a second of being booted down the stairs :lol: . He kept getting calls from other people as well, freaking out about their computers rebooting. Apparently makes it difficult to do much when it keeps shutting itself down after 120 seconds :lol:

Better let everyone you know, know...it's a cunning little virus.

Archived