The Bradway Hotel

I tried it out. It is better than it was but is rather stark inside. Food was pretty standard pub fare. Certainly not cordon bleu, but edible. Beer was good but pricey.

Conclusion was it is OK if you like that sort of thing, but with so many other pubs selling similar quality food at a similar price I wouldn't cross town to go again.

i would just like to let you know that the food is all home made and fresh cooked. i know this because they buy all there fish from jh manns fish mongers they make there own chips cut there own veg and even wash there own salad. so before you pass judgement in future get your fax right because as a chef that kind of slander really tees me off. mat, the new head chef of 3 weeks now is a good lad and is takeing bradway food to the top. hope that sorts that out

Just to let you all know, for those of you who havn't noticed, the Bradway has been packed out on numerous occasions the past few weeks, particularly Steak nights, fish night and the Italian evening last night, what is that saying? The new chef and in fact the new approach on the food front seems to have been very successful...well done and keep it up.

I did notice though that the Bradway is closed on Saturday 19th July to accomodate a private function.......think thats a bit of a kick in the teeth for your regulars, especially if its a scorcher of a day...afterall, no matter what or who the function is for you really need the reliance of your regulars. Hope you haven't shot yourselves in the foot boys.....why don't you let other customers decide for themselves on the night...if its too busy they can make up thier own minds whether to stay or not.....bye for now.

Yes indeed The Bradway is run by Matt Faulkner and Craig Leather. They have got two fantastic lads in the kitchen (another lad called Matt and Sam) and they have indeed taken the food aspect of The Bradway to another level.

They are indeed very very busy with the food side of the business especially with the Speciality Steak night run every Wednesday (if you fancy eating crocodile or Bison) and the Fresh Fish night every Friday. With the added introduction of various 'themed' nights like the Italian night last Saturday I can only see this pub moving in a positive direction....

Work has finally been completed at the side of the pub where there is now a covered 'gazebo' style smoking area. There is still a dedicated area for people to sit as before as well as the introduction of disabled (ramp) access to the rear of the pub.

To cap it all off they serve a quality pint of Becks Vier which does hit the spot!

As someone who frequents this pub fairly often (too often probably) I can say that the food is great (and ever improving), the atmosphere is friendly & inviting and the people who are frequenting this pub are all people seemingly wanting the same thing... to sit with 'like' people, converse with 'like' people, eat with 'like people and dare I say it... get drunk with 'like' people!!!

All good in my opinion!

To all involved..... keep up the good work and well done!

Archived