Concrete garages advice?

Has anyone had a concrete garage fitted over a built brick one and what do you reckon to them? as a few builders have said they dont last long, maybe 2-3 years, is this right?

i'm in 2 minds as i have had a quote for a double brick built one for over 12k...:o

thanks

Well we moved in our house in Nov this year, the lady next door informs me that our concrete garage was installed 45 years ago. I would say it's probably got a few more left in it before we have it replaced.

I used Compton who are a well established nationwide company but have local agents to fit them. The story of them lasting 2-3 years is rubbish, mine came with a ten year guarantee and is still as good as new now at five years old.

My dads concrete garage has stood for over 30 years and is as good as the day it was erected also, it was second hand when he bought it so how old it is is anybodys guess.

You can buy them second hand quite cheap from newspaper classifieds (or maybe try posting on SF wanted board) and they are quite easy to erect yourself.

2 - 3 years sounds like sour grapes from builders who want you to pay them to lay bricks. Near I grew up there was a yard of sectional concrete garages behind some large advertising hoardings. When they redeveloped the site they sold off some of the garages for £50 and some of the neighbours re erected them on their private drives next to their houses. That was about 15-20 years ago and they were in their original locations since at least the mid 1960s.

These garages are maintenance free and probably 45+ years old.