Concrete garages advice?

• 2 years later...

I have a concrete garage that has been built for about 40 years i think. It has got an asbestos roof. The corners have worn a bit, but its still ok. I had a new door fitted about a year ago, as the spring went on the old one, and it was very dangerous and heavy.

I also have a concrete shed (purchased about 8 years ago) I got it from a company on Attercliffe road, on the opposite side to the big police station. It is really good, looks good too, as it is pebbledash surface. They are available in all sizes, including garage sizes.

Good luck!

• 8 years later...
Guest makapaka
I have a concrete garage that has been built for about 40 years i think. It has got an asbestos roof. The corners have worn a bit, but its still ok. I had a new door fitted about a year ago, as the spring went on the old one, and it was very dangerous and heavy.

I also have a concrete shed (purchased about 8 years ago) I got it from a company on Attercliffe road, on the opposite side to the big police station. It is really good, looks good too, as it is pebbledash surface. They are available in all sizes, including garage sizes.

Good luck!

We’ve got the same - I love it.

All the old shelves, benches and cabinets the old man who owned it are still in there. Was gonna knock it down but just tidied it up instead with some foam filler here and there.

Full o massive spiders tho :)

is it best to use a local company for sectional garages or national

Not sure about that, but in 1984 we decided to have a sectional garage from a firm in Barnsley which then was about £650 for a basic size. We then realised that by adding a front door and a few more panels on the side, it ended up at 24ft x 11ft with side windows for £850. So, a garage and workspace combined. A pent roof would have been better though.