I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar... which cocktail bar?

Does anyone else remember the awfully rough artex stuff on the walls next to the stairs that you had to queue down? That would take the skin off your arm if you were foolish enough (drunk enough) to lean against?

And I can't believe no-one's mentioned the sticky carpets!

Loved it when they put the song in that car advert!

My ex boyfriend sez I'm a nutter - and thats what I say (that I'd rather be weird than boring) AND he tried to throw me from a moving vehicle - I'M a nutter? Yes, we're all glad he's an ex!

Does anyone else remember the awfully rough artex stuff on the walls next to the stairs that you had to queue down? That would take the skin off your arm if you were foolish enough (drunk enough) to lean against?

And I can't believe no-one's mentioned the sticky carpets!

which pubs didnt have sticky floors / carpets??

craisy daisy, limit, wap, rebels for a few

i always remember seeing the craizy daisy, but being too young (lol) - and / or being a punk so not my scene at the time, never frequented the place

I remember it well! It was 50p to get in the Daisy on a Saturday lunchtime and you exchanged the entry ticket ( I've still got one! ) for a drink ( pernod and black was the poison of the time ! ) We danced/posed on the little dancefloor for an hour or two and then off to Schofields/Rackhams for a coffee to plan what we were going to wear to the Limit that night! I think I was 13!!!!!!!!

What I want to know is which famous cocktail bar was it?

Surely not the one upstairs in Dempseys? Its the only one I know of in Sheffield nowadays ... well she'd have to work damn hard there with the male bar bitches in there just filing their nails and chatting up the punters for free drinks ....

And wow I wish I had seen the Human League perform in Psalter Lane first back in 1978 ...

Yeah, but they were called the Inhuman league back then.

We had? I think more of my braincells may have gone than I realised :hihi:

you use to 'visit' a couple of 'friends' in the house I lived in... :) and I do believe we both attend the wedding of one of those friends...:)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived