Sheffield's "new" Nightclub - anyone know what it will be?

I have heard that they are going to knock down embrace this summer at the same time they are going to knock down john lewis. Also heard rumours of gatecrasher going for a plot quite near their old place.

Just hope there is some where by septemeber.

Embrace isn't closing until 2010, as far Gatecrasher they are starting from September to hold event at the Carling Academy...As for a new home for Gatecrasher then ok it's a little out of town but so was republic from all the bars but i think the old Carpet World next to Decathlon would make a great club.

I've read that facebook group too and pretty sure its just a way to drum up interest. Afterall its only a facebook group it hardly has to be correct. I imagine "new club" will just mean a big bar has changed its name and turned all "club" on us.

The facebook group actually says "New Superclub for Sept 2008" do you really think nobody would know any info about a superclub opening in 3 months? Where is all the building works? And there would be some proffessional PR if it was..

I've read that facebook group too and pretty sure its just a way to drum up interest. Afterall its only a facebook group it hardly has to be correct. I imagine "new club" will just mean a big bar has changed its name and turned all "club" on us.

The facebook group actually says "New Superclub for Sept 2008" do you really think nobody would know any info about a superclub opening in 3 months? Where is all the building works? And there would be some proffessional PR if it was..

I think it is going to be where Flares is as isn't flares closing tonight? 3 months for a refurb seems about right?

I seriously doubt anybody will ever spend serious money on a really good new gay venue in sheffield

Fu*king hope not, get us a decent club first like a new Republic or Bed, before 'tinkers' get one for them sens!

Fu*king hope not, get us a decent club first like a new Republic or Bed, before 'tinkers' get one for them sens!
The chances of that happening are really very slim as well. Plug and Nylon are the best we have and it will probably remain that way for a very long time

I noticed that Uropa, Berlins and Gossips (I'm keeping it old skool!) are "under offer"...but then I thought they were going to be knocked down in the not too distant future anyway?

Ah Limit, not been in there in a while! Would be wicked if someone got that and kept it underground! :D

hiya, from what i know about a new club, flares is moving to under reflex and a thing called babylon (i think thats it name) is going to be where flares was....that might be what there on about....

Babylon....wasnt that a suggestion in a "name my nightclub" thread some months ago?

Archived