Sheffield's "new" Nightclub - anyone know what it will be?

I havn't heard or seen anything but.......whatever happened to Club Wow when it (thankfully) shut? That would seem to be a big space that could be easily converted into a decent 'super'club without anyone really noticing.

I hope the new club has a regular skiffle night.

mmmm. skiffle. hopefully some bluegrass, appalachian and linedancing too.:banana:

I havn't heard or seen anything but.......whatever happened to Club Wow when it (thankfully) shut? That would seem to be a big space that could be easily converted into a decent 'super'club without anyone really noticing.

mmmm. skiffle. hopefully some bluegrass, appalachian and linedancing too.:banana:

It isn't exactly the best economic climate to start opening a new club, or even to keep one going; there's a certain other 'former' club very near arundel Gate whose parent company in another city has just gone bust, so I heard; don't quote me on this, cos its only rumors I've heard but I won't be surprised if its the truth...:hihi:

So i was RIGHT then, Simon Raine made his promises that the NEW crasher would of been up and running by september, did he mean the crasher nights that are now at the academy? we were promised a new club..

NEVER has sheffield clubland been so depressing with a small amount of promoters and DJs having an almost mafia like strangelhold on this fair citys entertainment.

We have heard of Simon Raine applying for planning permission, and Babylon is open and running and there are offers on the Tower to be a steak bar and club ( cant see me and mine dancing our tits of after a 36oz T Bone ye never know) However Club Shush on the wicker Capacity just under 1,000 was due to open on 26/9/08 but due to planning was postponed until Saturday 25/10/08 launch night Kaboom with Tony Walker , Richard Williams, Bitter and Twisted and a whole host of DJs including Dimitry Soul, also have just heard that Chaos Theory (Gatecrasher after party) has just booked same venue for thier party after crasher red and black at the acadamy because penelopes could not get a late license Kaboom 2 rooms 12 till 7 Chaos Theory 1 to 2 room 5 till 12 c,mon down to Shush 130 The wicker for proper clubbing for proper clubbers newly refurbished and licensed also Bar Shush will be opening next door mid november license app has been in for last two months and no objections so watch this space or go to Hen and Chix for further info

The facebook group referred to a night being held at the Academy I believe.

Correct. Its was a load of marketing rubbish to get people excited. The 'new club' is actually just another night at the Carling Academy called 'Vodka Nationwide'. yet another tactic by promoters to fill the night.

Archived