Wybourn Commuity Garden

Molls

Im doing some research for a project about the community garden in Wybourn, Im not local and would love some views from people who live on the estate about:

What they think of the garden

Has it improved the area at all....visably, reduced anti social behaviour, brought the community together...

Whose idea was the garden..did it come from residents or from council or voluntary group?

I'd really appreciate any info anyone could share with me.

Cheers :)

Molls

and where can this garden be found exaclty? is it the shop opposite the bellvue pub? why is it always closed or empty and why is it called a garden..it should be renamed "the wybourne empty shop that no one ever uses"

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

another burden on the hard workin folk of the wybourne estate:|

Originally posted by RALLY

It's across from the Bellvue behind the shop's but it's a waste of time if you ask me.....

now that spring is comming perhaps we could get blue peter to come along and put some frog spawn in the pond..imagine the exictment among the young joy riding community.

I know nothing about the garden really apart from a little article I found on the internet.

Im trying to pick 4 community gardens in England to visit to see if they've had any impact upon the community, in terms of bringing people together, reducing vandalism and generally making the area a little more pretty. As I live in Gloucester

I can't afford to go all the way up to Sheffield if the garden really is a no go, anyway I want to look at community gardens that have been created because the community wanted it not told by someone else that it was going to happen!

Molls

Archived