Sakushi restaurant - your opinions...

I think that you just like to disagree with me, but given that this is a thread about sakushi we shouldn't argue about other restaurants.

cyclone i didnt know you was on this post tbh, But try yama sushi on london road, the new chef was train in hk by a few japanesse chef and it is freshly made and serve staight away onto your table, Unlike sakushi you never know how long its been on belt and its not in ideal temperture & raw fish while going round belt is hardly an ideal combination is it

ive spoke to the owner quite a few times, and hes explained to me they change the sushi constantly.. he explained, in order to keep everything as fresh as possible, raw fish is hardly ever put on the kaiten and its made to order..

Went again last week, and the food is just brilliant, and can't understand how anyone would think otherwise.. Yama or Sakushi? i would have to say sakushi is best all round, food, atmosphere, service and authenticity.

cyclone i didnt know you was on this post tbh, But try yama sushi on london road, the new chef was train in hk by a few japanesse chef and it is freshly made and serve staight away onto your table, Unlike sakushi you never know how long its been on belt and its not in ideal temperture & raw fish while going round belt is hardly an ideal combination is it

I have, they charged me (without warning me) £1.70 for ginger!!!

I was not impressed with the sashimi or the charge for the ginger and won't be going again.

Sakushi doesn't put any sashimi on the conveyor belt, you have to order it, as you'd know....

This is a direct response to the Manager of Sakushi.

I would like to address the email that was sent to me personally into what I thought was a private email inbox. I have now switched off the email function. It was not professional, and nor was it appreciated, that you emailed me so personally based on a review which I wrote on the internet. I think this is considered as harassment, as I do not wish to personalise my dining experience that I have had at Sakushi.

I am within my right to describe my dining experience as I see fit. I do not feel that it is necessary for you to justify yourself. Or for me to justify myself on the dining experience that I had in Sakushi. You do not have to apologise to me, and nor do I need to justify my experience, or to curb and edit my response as suggested, as that was how I saw it on the night. I'm sorry.

I thank you for reading.

With kind regards,

Bago

Sorry Bago,

As i do with everyone who leaves Sakushi unsatisfactory feedback, i send a private message to apologise and to ask how we can improve? I am really sorry this was not welcomed. The usual responce is positive when we ask how we can improve? And it really helps to make Sakushi a better restaurant. I am quite happy to post my email in the forum for everyone to respond to if you would prefer.

Sorry once again.

Any feedback please email info@sakushi.co.uk we would love to hear all your thoughts.

regards

I will take your offer on using the formal email address of Sakushi, and write some comments, which have been in the back of my mind for a while. I do feel that it was wrong of me not to say something on the night. Though I did not wish to embarrass my companion.

However, I will not change my report, as that is how I see it on the actual night. I cannot change my review, to adapt into the real facts of the situation, and I do not feel that it is fair either.

I do hope that you will welcome responses from individuals, both good and bad, to be freely publicised on a forum which has no ties to the restaurant, and to give unbiased dining experiences. I hope that you do not directly respond to individuals this way, and to personalise each experience. As I myself was horrifed that I was contacted this way, as this is not a formal area of Sakushi's website.

On this note, I wish you all the endeavor in your business. As I was informed by my dining companion that the person who started this restaurant was a local person who took the chance, and started this independent little business. I think we both champion this mentality. However, from my own experience in this industry too, we will never contact and chase diners for responses. I hope you do respect this kind of boundaries as a business owner.

With kind regards,

May/Bago

Vanos, same to yourself.

This thread was started by an individual with no ties to the establishment, and I am aware that there is a user account which is used by the establishment. However, I do not see this thread as a formal feedback medium to the restaurant, whereby the establish *has* to address each and everyone who posts here. If I wanted to give a formal feedback to the restaurant, then I would have used their website, and not on an internet forum where people give their responses freely and to discuss topical issues.

On that note, I will leave those friends or supporters of the restaurant in peace. I do not wish to comment further.

If someone comments on a restaurant here, then to receive a personal message in response that isn't abusive or threatening is surely not such a big deal. Surely the owner is allowed to respond, and see what they can do to improve their business - people don't have to respond to them if they don't wish.

Also, being offended by a private message and then responding in public seems to be applying double standards.

On my own behalf, all I can say is that I've enjoyed each and every time I've been to Sakushi. It's not as upmarket as Wasabisabi, but it fills a different market and is a great place to go.

Archived