Sakushi restaurant - your opinions...

Personally I was also pleased when I received a PM about a comment I had left. Shows the management genuinely care about people's opinions of the place and want to deliver a quality experience.

It's not like they came on the thread and accused you of lying. It was private and should have been kept so.

I am a big Sushi fan, and until this place opened there was little to choose from in Sheffield.

I went there recently and I was impressed, the food was excellent, the decor and furnishings are well done, We felt very comfortable and enjoyed our evening very much. The sad thing is that most people only feel moved to write something if they feel they've received anything less than good service, so more negative than positive things appear.

I would not hesitate to go back there soon.

I was sent a PM by sakushi after i left positive feedback. I was asked, is there any area of the restaurant we could improve on? What did i like best? and so on. my first thought was WOW! i loved that they cared. This is why i cant understand Bago's comments, i also dont think its unreasonable to be asked edit a part that call someones sister there gf.

I like the chit chat i get from the manager at sakushi, last time i went i was asked my thoughts on the miso soup becuase it had changed. Im not a big fan but my mrs is Japanese so she has it all day, everyday and with everything you can imagine :hihi: she said the change was positive. I genuinely feel if we had said it was worse the manager would have changed it back. how would they know this unless they asked? and why is it offensive?

Sakushi: food 9/10, authenticity 9/10, service 10/10 (depending on how busy they are), ambience 8/10 (depends if you like it busy or a quiet meal).

Wasabisabi: food 8/10, authenticity 7/10 (definatly has a chinese influence in the food), service 8/10 (very attentive but i dont understand why they feel the need to have chinese waiters who cant hold a conversation in English or Japanese. is it just for show?) ambience 8/10

Yama: Food 7/10 (nothing wrong wit the food, it just didnt push any buttons), authenticity 7/10, service 9/10 ( but they only have 10 seats in the restaurant), ambience :gag:

even though i think sakushi is best all around i still go to wasabisabi depending on what mood i am in.

I like the chit chat i get from the manager at sakushi, last time i went i was asked my thoughts on the miso soup becuase it had changed.

The miso was what my whinge a while ago was about, the system works :) I must go back and try the miso ramen again.

I went there a couple of weeks ago and found it very nice, the staff was helpful and the food was excellent the only downside was the beer been quite expensive but i will go again. It was pretty empty when we went sat afternoon tea time but id like to go again when its busier with more of an atomsphere.

• 1 month later...

Nice again tonight.

My OH complained that the kiasu(sp?) salad was too salty, so the manager went to the kitchen and got another bowl, which was much better (back to the normal standard) and said that it wouldn't happen again.

Saki was only £3.50 for a flask, good value I think.

is there lots of veggie stuff on the belt ...i hate it when u go for sushi and end up having to order the veggie seperately (i'm a fussy cow i know!!)

Moderate amount, but it is mainly fish based stuff as you'd expect.

Archived