Sakushi restaurant - your opinions...

Thought you might say that. Guess we just have a different point of view on this restaurant. I wouldnt say im an expert but my wife is and so are her parents. when they came over they had the same responce about sakushi 'very authentic'. I agree Tobiko is much nicer but with a tempura roll i would prefer sesame as it goes better. Sakushi were trying citrus flavour tobiko last night and giving it away for free so i cant imagine they are trying a cheaper option with sesame.

I do think Yama Sushi may have been told, because I've been 3 times now, and was only charged the first time. As for prices, I always seem to spend more in Sakushi than Yama sushi or East ocean, and leave less full. I realise the dishes are cheaper each, but 2 pieces for £3 (ish) still works out dearer than 6 for £5.

Where do you get 6 for £5? It cost me more in Yama, the food wasn't as good and I left with the sour taste of ginger not in my wallet.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried Yama Sushi and i wasnt impressed with it at all. Theres a wide range of sushi avaliable but some of it is quite expensive.

Sukushi on the other hand is the best Sushi bar in Sheffield in my opinion the owner is nice and friendly and its efficently made when you want something off the menu.

• 3 weeks later...

I went there last sunday with big expections.

i was so happy to finally have found "running sushi", sushi on convenyor belt in this forum.

BUT when i went there.

The belt was a joke. The belt was not even 20% filled, the same stuff kept running on the belt (i dont know for how many hours)

so the belt just looked boring and uninvinting

(the owner achieved the opposite of his aim, when setting up a belt)

and finally I had to order it from the card.

+ u have keep counting ur plates after the colour code, which defines the amount at the end.

and that either spoils all the fun of having a meal

or u dont count, but get a surprise at the end!

The food is ok. But I would say wasabi tastes much better and the ambience is far better there. (not so boring)

May wasabi charges a bit more, but it doesnt make a big difference as the quality is much better there.

Both sakushi and wasabi charge a hell a lot for sushi. In europe it is so much cheaper.

I went there last sunday with big expections.

i was so happy to finally have found "running sushi", sushi on convenyor belt in this forum.

(Mr blrblr was so happy to have found conveyor belt restaurant!)

1 paragraph later!!

+ u have keep counting ur plates after the colour code, which defines the amount at the end.

and that either spoils all the fun of having a meal

or u dont count, but get a surprise at the end!

Mr blrblr was slagging off the whole concept of a conveyor belt restaurant!

hmmmmm :loopy:

to grub_lover

1. Yes indeed i was happy to find a sushi on convenyor-restaurant.

There are only 2 or 3 as far as I know in Sheffield.

2. the concept of convenyor belt:

Is not everywhere same!!!! Been to Germany ?? Been to Austria??

Been to Barcelona??

(Sorry to ask been anywhere else than in Sheffield ??)

It is a lot different than in Sheffield. Plus in other european cities sushi

restaurants (especially running sushi) is a common thing, a lot cheaper

and has no colour coded plates, which u need to count!!

It is more a all u can eat/catch from the belt (buffet) system!

I believe that this forum (site) is supposed to get information about Sheffield.

(Even for those who are not from Sheffield)

Archived