Sakushi restaurant - your opinions...

Regarding the new menu;

I found it more difficult to read than the old one :-( I'm sure it will get easier with practice and when I'm not rushed, but initially it was less clear.

I couldn't find an equivalent of the old sashimi dishes, I'm a fairly predictable sushi eater, some tuna, some salmon, some edamame, the prawn things in batter with sweet rice, but mainly I want the fish, on it's own, I struggled a little bit to find that the other week.

See you tomorrow anyway (maybe I'll even phone and book since you're likely to be busy) :D

I love sashimi.

I went to a great little place in Soho this weekend, called "Samurai Sushi". It wasn't high-end sushi, but they had rows of the stuff and each individual piece was wrapped with cellophane. You picked up a box and took as much or as little as you want.

The prices ranged from 50p for the omellette sushi, to just 90p for the octopus and such like - all well made.

The last time I visted Sakushi, about 8 weeks ago, on a Friday night, there was hardly anything on the belt. Maybe it was a transition period, but if it's a case of supply and demand, maybe they'd be better ridding themselves of the belt and fitting a few more seats.

Last time I went they didn't have any octopus, which is my favourite and the salmon wasn't fatty enough.

The new soft shell crab dish was very good.

It's a place I have a huge amount of respect for though.

Sushi + Sheffield = respect. :hihi:

I love sushi and normally go to Wasabisabi but thought that I would try somewhere different for my birthday next week.

I have had a look at the Sakushi website and it is appalling. Full of out of date information (special offers from November 1999:confused:, opening times from Summer 2008 ) and each time I try and click the menu it diverts me to the online ordering system and then tells me that they are closed.

Is the restaurant any better than the website? Is the restaurant even open on Monday nights? Should I just go to Wasabisabi?

Wasabi Sabi every time!!!!! :)

Best place to at Sushi is Wasabi Sabi. Their lunch time deal is fantastic and though it is more expensive than a similar deal offered by Yama Sushi, the Ramen Noodle Soup @ Wasabi Sabi has much better quality ingredients. The atmosphere is also much more relaxing compared to Yama Sushi which feels more like a cafe. The Sushi is nice from Yama Sushi though and I definitly wouldn'y rule it out as a place to eat suchi for lunch.

Sakushi, what is that all about? Not worth wasting your money on. We eat Sushi on a regular basis, but after going to Sakushi once, we wouldn't go again. The layout of the restaurant is not nice; usual sushi train restaurants have the chefs in the middle, but at Sakushi the track/belt runs back on itself with no gap meaning that you are very close to diners on the other side. As for the sushi, a piece that I had was topped with a swirl of satay sauce which must have been out of a ketchup style bottle and there was a big line of dried up satay sauce that must have been the first bit out of the bottle. The drinks selection isn;t very good either, im sure i remember them not serving asahi.

hmmmm....

Anyone elsde thingk Sakushi isn't very good?

Sparkle,

I'm not sure what to make of Sakushi. I've been only once as a sit-in and once as a take away. I do think the actual quality of the food is good.

I must admit I kind of prefer Yo :S. But I must also say I haven't been to Wasabisabi yet either, so that's not an even judgement (I am planning to go, honest).

Sakushi does have the edge in that they do delivery now, which is rather handy. But then Yo offers a huge platter deal for £50 which could easily feed four happily.

Altogether, I reserve judgement on Sakushi. It has potential.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

3 weeks ago we had our 1st birthday at Sakushi, offering FREE Champagne to

every guest plus a 5% dicount off all food and drink.

A little time has passed and we where thinking, why only do this for our

birthday?

***SO THIS FRIDAY AT SAKUSHI ALL GUESTS WILL RECIEVE A FREE GLASS OF

CHAMPAGNE ON ARRIVAL!!! no questions asked***

Plus a further 5% off for all Sakushi loyalty card holders.

Please book to guarantee your table.

Remember our other offers this month for loyalty card holders

* 5% off at all times

* 10% off all takeaways

* Free delivery to almost everywhere in Sheffield

Also why not try our fantastic new bento boxes, MISO SOUP, RICE, SALAD,

PICKLES & ANY 2 SIDES for only £9.95.

To Book or order a takeaway/delivery please call 01142737399

Hope to see you soon

Saksuhi

Archived