Wilkinsons Darnall

Puddingburner wrote... with the model cow stood in the bay window type thing.

Are you not thinking of the Dairy on Broadfield Road ?

NO that one was very similar but at Heeley/ Abbeyfield...the one I recall was Arena area, opposite Noose and Gibbet and now disappeared Enfield Pub.

When the canal was a deep yellow colour and there was a shop that sold Donkey stones and tin baths.

Your thinking of the Morrisons behind the front row of shops, this is now ALDI. The on he's on about is the Wilkinsons directly opposite the Wellington Pub, bang nex door to the lighting shop.

Hey...my memories playing tricks now....did this used to be some sort of bus terminus?

Gosh, no idea where that came from, but I still remember Cravans and the old Co-op dairy just before the bridge, where the Arena is now, with the model cow stood in the bay window type thing. Dad worked at Firth Browns and Grandama lived down Britnall Street...lol

I can remember the lighting shop being Wigfalls .I also remember the old Co-op Dairy as I used to work at the Co-op Warehouse offices which were also there.I can't remember what wilko's was but the Cinema used to be there somewhere.

• 3 years later...
Yes I remember now it was Tesco and Wigfalls and they were built where the cinema used to be.

hiya its a long time ago but i thought it was the same building that was the darnall cinema ( the little dick ) on reading the other posts some of the postees can't go back to the 40s and 50s when i was talking about, i remember seeing the durango kid aka charles starrett for the first time at the little dick.

Archived