Marquis of granby derbyshire RIP.

Yet another of our grand buildings have now gone. Drove past today and its all gone apart from a little building. Dated back to the 17th century, how can they do this and then keep things like the park hill flats. Its make me so angry seeing this like this happen.:mad:

I'm sure they could have found another use for it.

It would have made a superb conference centre, for instance. I suppose it was down to economics.

Had some great times there in the late sixties at the disco nights.

Yet another of our grand buildings have now gone. Drove past today and its all gone apart from a little building. Dated back to the 17th century, how can they do this and then keep things like the park hill flats. Its make me so angry seeing this like this happen.:mad:

Spot on, Biker - couldn't have put it better myself.

I used to go to the Marquis of Granby every Saturday night to its Disco. They named it the 'As You Like It'. It was half a crown (12.5p) to get in. This was 1967.

used to got there in the 70's for disco night. Can't remember how much it was but do remember the admission price included a basket of chips

Once stayed there in the height of summer when it was very hot. The room was like a fridge (must have been the thick stone walls)
Some of the rooms were very active, a lot of entities were still active there. :o

• 2 years later...