Adopted in 1954 and looking...

for information on birth family. Their name may be Cahill and living somehere in the Chesterfield/South Sheffield area but living in Rotherham in 1954.

Any information or advice on searching would be helpfull

Cheers

for information on birth family. Their name may be Cahill and living somehere in the Chesterfield/South Sheffield area but living in Rotherham in 1954.

Any information or advice on searching would be helpfull

Cheers

Sorry to ask but can you not give us anything else???

It is a very sensitive subject and i'm tentatively dipping into the water. My birth mother lived in the Kimberworh area of Rotherham and my birth certificate that I lost decades ago states that the "putative father" was names as James Cahill who it was stated in the records moved to the Chesterfield area upon hearing of the pregnancy. I have attempted to find names in the telephone directory and there are about 10 Cahills in the Chesterfield directory, I can't however just go knocking on doors. I've done all the politically collect things via social services etc. Any advice or help would be welcome.

Many thanks for replying

Archived