The Highway pub In pitsmoor 1970s

Hi does anyone remember the highway pub in pitsmoor thats where i met my hubby he had loads of friends in there but alas everyone moves on, my aunt and uncle used to own it, we all had some good drinking weekends in there

As i'm from the "proper" side of Pitsmoor.!

Brought up on Andover Drive, Pye bank Rd..That some one at the highway had scribled out the b and painted a w instead.!

I spent many a happy Friday and Saturday night in there throughthe late 70's and 80's.!

It was quite a popular place at weekends, as quite a lot of people from all over Sheffield used to come over to "our" part of the world..lol..

Also it was on the round we used to do most Saturday nights.! Start at Pitsmoor Hotel, over to Bay Horse, then Toll Gate, walk to Pye Bank Rd, call in Fox and Duck, then Highway, then finish off in Furnival for some ab...Happy days.

jt

As i'm from the "proper" side of Pitsmoor.!

Brought up on Andover Drive, Pye bank Rd..That some one at the highway had scribled out the b and painted a w instead.!

I spent many a happy Friday and Saturday night in there throughthe late 70's and 80's.!

It was quite a popular place at weekends, as quite a lot of people from all over Sheffield used to come over to "our" part of the world..lol..

Also it was on the round we used to do most Saturday nights.! Start at Pitsmoor Hotel, over to Bay Horse, then Toll Gate, walk to Pye Bank Rd, call in Fox and Duck, then Highway, then finish off in Furnival for some ab...Happy days.

jt

we used to go start toll gate then bay horse, pitsmoor hotel then gower street. gower, oak. grapes, staff. now and again we'd go the other way calling at rock and signpost before gower street. like i said before know loads of lads from that way. kevin greaves, graham green, merv baxter, keith bullimore, mick williams rip. wayne creaser rip, john maguiness, pie eye rip, mark woodhead rip, the greasbys, and many more