The Highway pub In pitsmoor 1970s

HI,

I am working on a book on Sheffield pubs and would be interested to see any photos of this pub. If you have any please pm me or e-mail-

sheffieldpubs@outlook.com

I will credit and pictures I use in my project to the original photographer.

Am I right in thinking the pub was open 1962-2005?

I think C. Otter & Co. were the building contractors for the Highway.

HI,

I am working on a book on Sheffield pubs and would be interested to see any photos of this pub. If you have any please pm me or e-mail-

sheffieldpubs@outlook.com

I will credit and pictures I use in my project to the original photographer.

Am I right in thinking the pub was open 1962-2005?

I have a large collection of Sheffield pub photographs some are inside photos as well as outside photos. Just recently photographed the demolition of the Elm Tree at Manor Top . Also I keep a record of closure dates of pubs from roughly 2006 . With regards to Highway I think their is a a photo of the bar in fairly newish publication on Sheffield pubs I can't remember the title off hand.

I have a large collection of Sheffield pub photographs some are inside photos as well as outside photos. Just recently photographed the demolition of the Elm Tree at Manor Top . Also I keep a record of closure dates of pubs from roughly 2006 . With regards to Highway I think their is a a photo of the bar in fairly newish publication on Sheffield pubs I can't remember the title off hand.

Hi-

Thanks for replying. Would you be happy to share your photos for potential use in the publication? I may also need to pick your brains on some closed dates?

my email- sheffieldpubs@outlook.com

I am currently focusing on Arbourthorne/ Attercliffe so if you have anything you are willing to share it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jamie

• 5 years later...
On 25/06/2011 at 00:45, rony127 said:

My Dad Albert Naylor used to drink in the Highway & the Furnival.I remember Dave & Elsie they we're good frieds of my Dad & Mum they moved to Skegness n my parents ended up with their dog Zak!.

I grew up on Pye Bank Close n remember goin to the off licence n gettin a 10p for bringing back bottle tops!! good days like others have said the estate went down hill good memories though.

My nan Elsie and grandad dave had this pub. Albert use to take me to the shop to rent care bears the movie on video. Great memories ❤

On 24/08/2013 at 15:39, jamestee said:

HI if you go on facebook and find pitsmoor in sheffield you will find all pictures of the highway ans surrounding areas plus every one on it from around there

One of the sites on Facebook is "Pitsmoorians of the past'.

Edited by St Petre
add

• 2 months later...
On 03/06/2008 at 21:19, kezzykez1 said:

Hi does anyone remember the highway pub in pitsmoor thats where i met my hubby he had loads of friends in there but alas everyone moves on, my aunt and uncle used to own it, we all had some good drinking weekends in there

Hi iam abit late to the party but I also remember this pub my nan used to live in the maisonettes across we was in there most wkends late 70s all way to mid 80s Betty Jackson and my mom dawn Jackson we use to play upstairs with a little girl called flur? I think she was call long blonde hair I cant really remember I was only about 5 ring any bells to anyone?