The Highway pub In pitsmoor 1970s

Hi does anyone remember the highway pub in pitsmoor thats where i met my hubby he had loads of friends in there but alas everyone moves on, my aunt and uncle used to own it, we all had some good drinking weekends in there

HI we used to go in every sat night about a dozen of us playing cards in tap room Terry gleeson. Butch . Horace Danny Connor Alan smith

Hi all i just stumbled on this but lived up pitsmoor from the age of 8 on pyebank drive when they were still building most of the estate then later after my father died we moved into the high rise flats and later when i married a pitsmoor lass name of Tina Halliday we lived on foxhill and her family of many lived just above on grey street if i'm correct.

Do i remember the highway YES spent many an hour in there i also see a couple of names i can recall such as Paul Tansley and Alan Roberts known to me as "babs" i also see a couple of posters with Blade in there name i can see one isnt called Paul but would the other be Paul Blades by any chance? a big drinking buddy of mine who we called Keg for obvious reasons, as i say just stumbled on this after one of my facebook friends posted a picture of "the hole in the road" and i got all nostalgic now i'm approaching 60 :-)

oh yes the whitehouse not seen if anyone has said but that and the chippy top of Andover street were owned by Bernard and Cath 2 great people

P.S. my grandfather was a doorman at the Loco club name of Sam

Hi Swoz I used to knock around with a big drinker called Keg also mates with David Guest. Tony Wilde, Cherry Lemons amongst others. Whitehouse was an emense chiipy as was the one at the top and I'm pretty sure I knew Sam as I used to go in the Loco

Hi spider 1, just noticed this thread is the "Butch Gleeson "Butch who has fished with many clubs if so i have had the pleasure of knowing him for some time and enjoyed his company when ever we were on our fancy dress weekends away (Butlins ) One night we had a spot ? of bother and butch still had a smile on his face, I know he has not been too well lately and i have seen him at the hallamshire hospital and only just today saw at the northern general but unfortunatly i was unable to talk to him. all the best butch

:)

Hi Swoz I used to knock around with a big drinker called Keg also mates with David Guest. Tony Wilde, Cherry Lemons amongst others. Whitehouse was an emense chiipy as was the one at the top and I'm pretty sure I knew Sam as I used to go in the Loco

Yes darra thats defo Paul Blades "god we had some epic sessions" i used to go to school with the guests and knew Tony and Cherry very well i remember they both got into pumping iron in a big way at one point and trainer told them not to drink while taking some supplimant but he ment beer but they just didnt drink anything lmao poor lads got a bit dehydrated i also recall after we finally left Pitsmoor Keg also moved to burgreave area and i think thats where the Guest were from

I know all the Hollidays..One of the guys married one of my next dooor neibours.Her mame was Stead..But can't think of her first name now.!

jt

Halliday was the name John i'm married to Tina she's about midway of the 11 of them lol and Graham is married to Sue Still, i was chatting to Pam stead in Morrisons a couple of week back and saw Graham at Northern General hospital the other week looks like he might work there

hiya john t i married the lady in question and dont think you know here seeing has ther was 11 of them and it was Graham that married susan stead and ther still together seeing as were remminiscing does any one remember Ann and Sam THURSTON FROM THE 70st geof the window cleaner of pye bank rd bye

ok you have to be Darrell married to my sister inlaw Pat!!! its geoff married to Tina Halliday and why are you allowing people to call them holliday because its nothing like a holiday being in this family lol, and Darrell Geoff the window cleaner was a strange one!!!

Halliday was the name John i'm married to Tina she's about midway of the 11 of them lol and Graham is married to Sue Still, i was chatting to Pam stead in Morrisons a couple of week back and saw Graham at Northern General hospital the other week looks like he might work there

Swoz, was Tina the one I used you wind up by singing "where all going on a summer holliday" she would chase me and god help me if i got caught.....She was a fast runner and much taller than me, she would be in her mid 50s by now maybe older.

I know Graham and the other sister who I went to school with there was about 11 kids in that family and lived on the upside down houses on Fox Street.

Paul