The Highway pub In pitsmoor 1970s

I can remember the Wildes vaguely I can remember the woods too they lived at no 6 I think the Wildes lived at no 2 Pye bank close we lived at 14 nxt door to the Parkins and the Shaw-smiths .My Dad was well known in the area Albert (The Hat) Naylor

I can remember the Wildes vaguely I can remember the woods too they lived at no 6 I think the Wildes lived at no 2 Pye bank close we lived at 14 nxt door to the Parkins and the Shaw-smiths .My Dad was well known in the area Albert (The Hat) Naylor

The only Wild's I remember was the fireman but he lived at 1 Gray St.

You mentioned the Woods, I remember Paul, and he lived there after the Grays (Bunny)...

My Aunt and Uncle also lived on PyeBank Dv they were Peggy and Ted Baxter.

I remember your Dad to Albert Naylor.

Nice to see a lot of old neighbours on this thread, I wonder if any of you could answer a question. Over the years I kept regularly bumping into an old mate from Pye Bank and the last time I saw him was in the Highway, not long before it closed.

The thing is I seem to think I've read or been told he has passed away but I'm not sure. His name is Ray Hammond, lived on the tower blocks.

Anybody help ?

Nice to see a lot of old neighbours on this thread, I wonder if any of you could answer a question. Over the years I kept regularly bumping into an old mate from Pye Bank and the last time I saw him was in the Highway, not long before it closed.

The thing is I seem to think I've read or been told he has passed away but I'm not sure. His name is Ray Hammond, lived on the tower blocks.

Anybody help ?

Hi Shaun,

I remember Ray not sure what happened to him but sad if he has died as he could only be in his mid 50's

The only Wild's I remember was the fireman but he lived at 1 Gray St.

You mentioned the Woods, I remember Paul, and he lived there after the Grays (Bunny)...

My Aunt and Uncle also lived on PyeBank Dv they were Peggy and Ted Baxter.

I remember your Dad to Albert Naylor.

It was Len + Brenda Wild he was a bus driver paul. They lived at No 1 we lived at 3 Grey St first occupiers

Edited by swervin

Anybody help ?

Yes Ray did pass away, sorry mate a while ago .

It was Len + Brenda Wild he was a bus driver paul. They lived at No 1 we lived at 3 Grey St first occupiers

Len ended up as a bus inspector his lad Tony was, last I heard, living in St Ives in Cornwall.Might be running a B&B.