The Highway pub In pitsmoor 1970s

I had a hod carrier with me in the mid 70s, we built the fire station on Elm lane at lane top, brilliant kid he was 43 years old then, I was 36, Anyway he used to drink in the Highway, Duggie Tansley, his wife I think was called Joan

he had two lads and he always spoke well of them, I would imagine, Duggie will be long gone now.

duggie was my uncle he had 3 sons kevin,paul and john, paul is a regular visiter on these boards .duggie he died a good few years ago now .

• 3 months later...
It's strange but I never thought swallow was a common name but when we moved to top end of wadsley lane there was a swallow just up the road and another on opposite road and he was called Geoff also but none of them were related to me or each other

HI i remember the Highway, and PHEASYS,fruit shop TONY CAIRIO and his mother running the shop.happy memories We lived on Andover drive,32 next door to the Wainrights my names Johnathan Hastings

She caught me and god didnt help ;-) Yes Tina is in her mid 50s now but cant run as fast as she used to but saying that neither can i lol, by the way my name is Geoff Swallow, you are right on where they lived but even tho their house had the wavey roof they did go upstairs to bed where as i who lived on pyebank drive went downstairs which took some getting used to lol

hi my names John Hastings i lived on Andover drive,

Hi John, yes i remember you well also Phillip Wainwright who was our age, not sure but i think there was an older and younger brother too, hope you are keeping well

Hi Jonathan, nice to get your email today must have a meet some time, hows Christopher and Janet.

The Wainwrights were mates of mine to used to knock around with Mick (adopted) and Micheal the Dad was a top bloke always pleasant.

Peter was the other Son and I think Dave? was the eldest and Billy (adopted) Creamer

Hi John, yes i remember you well also Phillip Wainwright who was our age, not sure but i think there was an older and younger brother too, hope you are keeping well

Yep he did have a younger Brother called Robert he went to school with me, his elder Brother went into the coldstream guards.

The mother was a very heavy smoker and in the house where i went many a time all the window sills were burnt due to her leaving burning cigs on them

Edited by Cycleracer