The Highway pub In pitsmoor 1970s

Remember that "open" play ground area between the two flats they are walking towards? It was never used (in my memory) as ball games were not allowed!

Your right that area had concrete benches in and was never used, ideal for ball games but if you did go in there with a ball the residents in the flats were quickly on your case not to mention old man Barrs the caretaker who's "office" was at the side of it.

I think it was built for two reasons 1st it was a gap in-between the blocks and it was an area to sit in on a summers day for the esidents but no-one ever did use it.

Your right that area had concrete benches in and was never used, ideal for ball games but if you did go in there with a ball the residents in the flats were quickly on your case not to mention old man Barrs the caretaker who's "office" was at the side of it.

I think it was built for two reasons 1st it was a gap in-between the blocks and it was an area to sit in on a summers day for the esidents but no-one ever did use it.

I think we probably used that area most as we lived first house top of the ramp on pye bank drive and my gran and grandad lived on the 13th floor of what we called the third block so we used to cut thru it when we went to my grans lol, we later lived next door to my gran after my dad died and mom did an exchange with the hammonds

Also i couldnt put a face to your name Paul Tansley but i was right on who i was thinking of after taking a peek at your picture on facebook lol, sorry for being a snoop it was just that i saw your name on Derek Longleys list after i saw a post of his on "Sheffield born and bred" on FB his older brother Ken was my best mate

I think we probably used that area most as we lived first house top of the ramp on pye bank drive and my gran and grandad lived on the 13th floor of what we called the third block so we used to cut thru it when we went to my grans lol, we later lived next door to my gran after my dad died and mom did an exchange with the hammonds

Also i couldnt put a face to your name Paul Tansley but i was right on who i was thinking of after taking a peek at your picture on facebook lol, sorry for being a snoop it was just that i saw your name on Derek Longleys list after i saw a post of his on "Sheffield born and bred" on FB his older brother Ken was my best mate

As you lived in that first house you would have known my mate Keith Richardson who lived a few doors on near Alan Roberts.

Julie Keegan lived at the end.

So I gather as your a friend of Ken your a few years older than me, send me a friends invite so I can see your real identity, did you say you know me ??

Yes i remember little Keith he also had a sister not sure if she was called Julie but i seem to remember they were both red heads, Babs or Alan Roberts i can only ever remember him living in the flats and not on pyebank drive???

I knew the people who lived at the other end of the drive and keegan does ring a bell LA Blade would of lived about 2 doors from the Keegans if i remember rightly

I remember your name and face when i saw it again but we didnt hang about in the same gang and yes Kenny and me were in the same class at school so i am a few years older than you, When we started serious drinking the highway being just one of many of our watering holes it used to be Kenny, (Keg) Paul Blades and me before the drinking Paul me and Lloyd Bruney used to tear about on our Lambrettas and now at 60 i'm hankering for my youth lol and seriously looking at another SX200 fool that i am ha ha ha

I can send you a fb request but to be honest all your going to see is an old man lol unless ive got some pics of my younger years up there,

I sent Derek a request then cancelled it after i thought Christ its been over 40yrs since i saw him and weve all moved on had kids got grandkids, but i do have fond memories of the Longleys Norman and Mary salts of the earth (hope to christ i got their mom and dads names right after all this time) Lovely people just like pitsmoor was once upon a time.

Hi SWOZ, its been so long know that I can only remember you and Cath these days, I remember there were two girls living a few doors down from you but I cannot remember any names. As for the Scooter thing I've already gone through that phase and bought mesen a restoured TV 175, I'll email you a photo :-).

Hi SWOZ, its been so long know that I can only remember you and Cath these days, I remember there were two girls living a few doors down from you but I cannot remember any names. As for the Scooter thing I've already gone through that phase and bought mesen a restoured TV 175, I'll email you a photo :-).

I know the 2 girls you speak of Nigel cant remember their names only that i would have ;) and i actually had a thing going with their m8 Andrea Green, lovely girl

Hey SWOZ, just thinking about names today, I think one of their names was Leslie? The house on our right side had a mentally retarded boy called Peter? But, I cannot remember any kids - our age - in the two houses on the left of us?

Yes thats right Nige one was called Leslie and i remember Peter, I think we were the first to move in on pyebank drive and was just thinking about the caretaker of the flats and the first people who moved in next door who had a lad bit older than me David Westry and i remember him having a full on scrap with that caretaker at bottom of fourth block and this was when he was still at Burngreave school lol he was a right lad... next ones who moved there were the Lowes who had a boy called david and a girl who i cant recall the name of both younger than us.

oh i may be wrong Nige but didnt you go out with Leslie for awhile? oh yes got the email nice Lammy