The Highway pub In pitsmoor 1970s

Hi Paul You may remember my Daughter Julie who used to babysit for Alan and Pauline She say's Zak the dog was a big softie

At that time Alan lived with his parents on Pyebank Drive with a doberman someone said the dates were out thinking about it the doberman may have been around in the late 70s early eighties.

Is his Father called Alan to...I read recently his Mother passed away in April or May this year.

its only a few weeks ago I saw her in there white Micra.

For the record what was your Daughters surname.

At that time Alan lived with his parents on Pyebank Drive with a doberman someone said the dates were out thinking about it the doberman may have been around in the late 70s early eighties.

Is his Father called Alan to...I read recently his Mother passed away in April or May this year.

its only a few weeks ago I saw her in there white Micra.

For the record what was your Daughters surname.

alan lived with his parents in the flats on andover street until we married in 79 then we lived on pye bank drive for a couple of years. I remember julie and kathleen well, they both spent alaot of time at our house and walked that dog for miles..

• 2 weeks later...
You must be able to remember the Cottinghams then John. Margaret the mom. Kevin one of the lads. Joanne the daughter. She was a bit of a looker. My dad always tried to encourage me to ask her to go out wi me. But was a shy lad in them days lol.

Yeah, i remember them..think they had a house at bottom of stairs from bottomley's, path ran in front of there house down to the Highway pub.!

Think one of the girls married a guy who lives just down the road from me...i will ask him when i see him next time.!

jt

I remember Alan and his driving exploits, spent many a happy and gringeing time around Derbyshire with him.:)

Re;Alan Roberts driving exploits, original boy racer, who can remember some of his wheels? monkey bike, vespa, hillman imp and the orange Bond Bug three wheeler, Lotus cortina, (I think) plus many more.

alan lived with his parents in the flats on andover street until we married in 79 then we lived on pye bank drive for a couple of years. I remember julie and kathleen well, they both spent alaot of time at our house and walked that dog for miles..

Ah right the old memorys clicking into gear now.

The parents lived on the last block and Alan lived on the upside down houses.

Was that Doberman yours, did they call it King or something.

Re;Alan Roberts driving exploits, original boy racer, who can remember some of his wheels? monkey bike, vespa, hillman imp and the orange Bond Bug three wheeler, Lotus cortina, (I think) plus many more.

lol..yes many many more, i was looking at a picture of the lotus only the other day. He actually taught me to drive in a vw beetle. And the dobermans name was duke lovely dog but with a passion for eating furniture.