The Highway pub In pitsmoor 1970s

lol..yes many many more, i was looking at a picture of the lotus only the other day. He actually taught me to drive in a vw beetle. And the dobermans name was duke lovely dog but with a passion for eating furniture.

It wasn't keen of me either, feeling was mutual though that dog stopped me walking past your place for ages.

Can't believe it didn't bite anyone, or did it.

Yeah, i remember them..think they had a house at bottom of stairs from bottomley's, path ran in front of there house down to the Highway pub.!

Think one of the girls married a guy who lives just down the road from me...i will ask him when i see him next time.!

jt

Was there 2 daughters? I remember Joanne and I think the other was much older if memory serves. Can't remember her name though.

It wasn't keen of me either, feeling was mutual though that dog stopped me walking past your place for ages.

Can't believe it didn't bite anyone, or did it.

I can't remember the doberman biteing anyone but I seem to remember it headbutting a sports car on Pye Bank Road

I can't remember the doberman biteing anyone but I seem to remember it headbutting a sports car on Pye Bank Road

Yes thats right the dog was fine but the guy who owned the car came to the house and threatened me,even though i offered to pay for the damage, brian next door had to see him off.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
sam and ann were my mum and dad.....paula

Sam had a tee shirt with " Sam The Ram " printed on the front.I met my wife to be in the highway in 1969 and we moved away in 1976 to stocksbridge .The highway was like two pubs under one roof the best room was my favorite and the beer was always a penny a pint dearer.The tap room had a pinball machine with a weekly prize for the highest score, the Party Keg prize was often won by my good pal Mick Gibbs, later on a bar billiards table was added.The view from the best room window was awsome you could see for miles and on a sunday dinner time feel the drop hammers working away down by the river don.Its a shame the area went down hill in the seventies it was a nice place to live.Happy times.