The Highway pub In pitsmoor 1970s

• 3 months later...

Hi paul, seen a lot of names on here mate and theres more to mention , remember me mick brookes lived above you well to be exact above mark peace, hope your keeping well, hows john and kev? its been over 30 years mate.

martin robinson, john andrews, john dodson, a few more names

• 2 months later...

The highway didn't have any DJs till the 80s I stopped going in there about 82 as I moved..Its heyday was the 60s and early 70s till about 1976 then beer prices went stupid and kept people in....Phil and Elsie ran a great pub in its day wonder if there still around was run by Walt Sidwell in the 60s who I remember from the lazy Sundays I spent outside as my parents were in there, a bottle of orange kept us happy

• 1 month later...

Hi all i just stumbled on this but lived up pitsmoor from the age of 8 on pyebank drive when they were still building most of the estate then later after my father died we moved into the high rise flats and later when i married a pitsmoor lass name of Tina Halliday we lived on foxhill and her family of many lived just above on grey street if i'm correct.

Do i remember the highway YES spent many an hour in there i also see a couple of names i can recall such as Paul Tansley and Alan Roberts known to me as "babs" i also see a couple of posters with Blade in there name i can see one isnt called Paul but would the other be Paul Blades by any chance? a big drinking buddy of mine who we called Keg for obvious reasons, as i say just stumbled on this after one of my facebook friends posted a picture of "the hole in the road" and i got all nostalgic now i'm approaching 60 :-)

oh yes the whitehouse not seen if anyone has said but that and the chippy top of Andover street were owned by Bernard and Cath 2 great people

P.S. my grandfather was a doorman at the Loco club name of Sam

Edited by SWOZ