Wasabisabi - fussy eater

Hey, well I have seen 2 other thread about this place but non of them really answered my question

I've been invitied out on Saturday to a celebration meal at Wasabisabi which I don't really wanna miss as I hardly ever see these friends...

My problem:

I am the fussiest eater in the world...

I'm a vegetarian, don't much care for fish and am funny with flavours...I also HATE egg

On the other hand I love rice and salad and fruit and all that jazz

Anyone who has been there,

Is there anything you would recommend for fussy old me?

There's plenty of vegetarian dishes there and they'll be happy to explain what's in anything that you are thinking of having.

Sushi tastes of whatever is in it! There is rarely egg in sushi, the rice is sticky because it's a starchy rice and it's cooked with a little vinegar in it to make it even stickier. Plenty of sushi is vegetarian and what's veggie is usually vegan because there's so little dairy in Japanese food.

The lychee sorbet is the an absolutely wonderful light dessert too.

Go and enjoy yourself.

You don't sound fussy to me, Innocence. Wasabisabi has a few vegetarian dishes - variations on noodles (possibly made with egg) with tofu and vegetables, and the crispy seaweed roll filled with rice, avocado and asparagus looks interesting. There's always the vegetable curry and the seaweed salad!

I know a few vegetarians who eat fish and chicken sometimes.

If they eat fish and chicken then they ain't strictly vegetarians. ;)

Tofu has little taste of it's own but is often smoked or marinated which lends flavour to it. When fried it has a texture that reminds me of a combination of toasted marshmallow and (sorry to be the bearer of sad tidings) scrambled egg.

Archived