Wasabisabi - fussy eater

lol this is gunna sound weird but if i don't like the tofu, do u reckon you can pick it off? like is it chunks?

I am dreading this!! but i need to go lol. I've only just got my appitite back from being ill so I'm trying to try some new things too!

thanks for the advice!!

http://www.wasabisabi.co.uk/pdf/menu.pdf

look at their menu.

Last time I went, me and my friends just picked a selection of things off the menu and shared it all. Vegetable tempura is nice - just veg in batter deep fried! If you're unsure re tofu you could just go for a small tofu dish to try it - it's not that bad! Then there's vegetarian sushi, noodle dishes and curries. Japanese meat curries are really nice, so I imagine the veg ones will be too.

You'll enjoy it It's a cool restaurant and it's got fantastic cocktails - just what you need when celebrating!

look at their menu.

Last time I went, me and my friends just picked a selection of things off the menu and shared it all. Vegetable tempura is nice - just veg in batter deep fried! If you're unsure re tofu you could just go for a small tofu dish to try it - it's not that bad! Then there's vegetarian sushi, noodle dishes and curries. Japanese meat curries are really nice, so I imagine the veg ones will be too.

You'll enjoy it It's a cool restaurant and it's got fantastic cocktails - just what you need when celebrating!

agree with you there, except that i actually like tofu :suspect: and re the cocktails - try the signature cocktail at the top of the menu - its awesome :love:

Im a vegetarian who doesn't eat fish or chicken or egg. I also don't like mushrooms.

If you're in the main resturant choosing off the general menu then you've got plenty of choice. I'm not keen on Tofu unless its very well cooked and crispy...its not like that in Wasabisabi so I avoid it.

If you are going to sit around the Teppan-Yaki table where the chef cooks in front of you then you will struggle I'm afraid. The atmosphere is great...but... The food is all cooked at different stages with the veggie dishes being done first...but then after each course the chef lightly sprays and wipes the hotplate and cooks the veggie food where all the meat and fish have just been cooked. Ive often tasted the fish which is horrid but quickly forgotten with a swill of Saki !! The chef also performs tricks with the food and eggs are his favourite toy. He flicks egg into your mouth (if you want) and i ended up with a lump of egg down my top even though I turned down the offer!

If you're not Veggie this place is great, but for Veggies like me I only go for the atmosphere.

Hope you have fun though...I'm sure the staff will be really happy to help you choose your meal.

I don't like fish....

What does tofu taste like? lol

If it tastes nice I may well have found my answer

You must start eating tofu. It doesn`t really taste of anything, rather it takes in the flavours that you give it, and it`s pretty good for you too.

I`m sure they`ll do noodley veg stuff but there`s no guarantee that they won`t add chicken or fish stock.

hahahaha...yes.

I think i might ask for noodles and vegetables...i'm gunna look like an idiot aren't i?

its to celebrate AS level exams being over lol

I'm going on Saturday too! To be honest, although it does do some very authentic Japanese food (cue huge debate...) some of this happens to be very plain. Griddled vegetables, rice and noodles etc etc. They do use egg in their fried rice so worth asking for them to do some without it. If you've never tried tofu then this is the place to try it - it can be very bland but they manage to flavour it perfectly. I always have it in the miso soup (which I seem to remember is made from veg stock here as opposed to the normal fish stock - may be worth checking though). Miso is basically a very thin soup with spinach and tofu and a fairly salty seasoning. I've made it sound terrible but it is worth a try. And it's proper Yorkshire - you drink it straight from the bowl, not with a spoon!

Do you know if you're going to the tepenyaki tables (where the chef cooks everything for you) or the normal restaurant? The tepenyaki tables are fantastic - very lively and usually quite drunken too!

Hey, well I have seen 2 other thread about this place but non of them really answered my question

I've been invitied out on Saturday to a celebration meal at Wasabisabi which I don't really wanna miss as I hardly ever see these friends...

My problem:

I am the fussiest eater in the world...

I'm a vegetarian, don't much care for fish and am funny with flavours...I also HATE egg

On the other hand I love rice and salad and fruit and all that jazz

Anyone who has been there,

Is there anything you would recommend for fussy old me?

Try things, you might like them!!!!

Hello

We're going tomorrow night too! Try:

YASAI TEMPURA

A selection of fresh vegetables deep fried in a

light tempura batter. Served with tempura sauce

KAPPA-MAKI

Cucumber roll

ASUPARA & AVOCADO

Asparagus and avocado hand roll

The menu is here:

Good luck and hope the AS levels went well!

Archived