Jeyes Fluid and Rabbits

Saffy

I was told other day a family member had used Jays to mop kitchen up i dont if it was diluted or were rabbit was at time she actually moped up i know exactly what was coming next though ( soon after that the rabbit was dead ) I would never suggest using it then returning any pet were it has been for a long while.

I would never use it near rabbits or indeed any animals , we used Jays i in a hospital in Bulawayo Zimbabwe to kill the cockroaches that were there and they died in seconds so just think how quickly it gets to a bunny! or Guinea! etc. I also have to say it got on my chest, making me cough and wheeze!

how on earth can they say it is pet safe then?

I was looking at chemicals to power wash ou patio with as i have never done it before and i looked at Jeyes and they even have a picture of a dog on the front of the can an letters saying 'pet friendly' i did however read the back of some of them and although they use the Jeyes name they say they don'tactually contain Jeyes fluid, it's all very confusing.

• 2 years later...

I was cleaning one of my rabbits out this morning and was mortified to find a big fat horrible slug in the hutch...

I immediatley killed the horrible thing and cleaned my poor rabbit out,, then got rid of all the dead leaves from round the hutch and doused the area(not in or on the hutch)it with Jayes Fluid..to keep away the slugs and put slug pellets round them too.

Im mortified to hear that rabbits dont like Jayes fluid.

They scarperd pretty quickly into there sleeping areas.

But have been out munching all afternoon..

Is it just the smell they hate??

so basically i could wake up to 2 dead rabbits tommorrow?

O great.

Hopefully not but Jeyes fluid is not pet safe , I never use it , I use pets safe products so as to be sure of not harming my animals also you can get hibiscrub for hutches from the vets.

Archived