Jeyes Fluid and Rabbits

Saffy

how did he confirm that did he find it in its stomock im not being funny but would like to know
Not sure sumat to with lungs i believe.

I used to use it for hutchers if i had closed one down after breeding them but nothing went near it for weeks.

This is part of a report note the last part.P1

P1 Virkon is more active in the presence of organic material, but won't touch coccidiosis, which in turn requires a phenol-based (and therefore more toxic) product such as Jeyes fluid is required.

P2 Phenol is also a powerful disinfectant and bacteria killer. This is ideal for not only an air freshener but also other products like medicinal ointments and lotions. However the chemical is highly corrosive and moderately toxic. It effects humans by burning the skin and other tissue that it comes into contact with. This gives severe skin burning and if inhaled serious internal corrosion.

I used Jeyes to clean out rabbit hutches for years and never lost one animal. I let the rabbits into their run, cleaned out the hutch then scrubbed it out with Jeyes, left it to dry all day then put them back in at night

exatly that i cant understand how the op rabbit died and how the vet new it had killed it :confused:

Not sure sumat to with lungs i believe.

I used to use it for hutchers if i had closed one down after breeding them but nothing went near it for weeks.

This is part of a report note the last part.P1

P1 Virkon is more active in the presence of organic material, but won't touch coccidiosis, which in turn requires a phenol-based (and therefore more toxic) product such as Jeyes fluid is required.

P2 Phenol is also a powerful disinfectant and bacteria killer. This is ideal for not only an air freshener but also other products like medicinal ointments and lotions. However the chemical is highly corrosive and moderately toxic. It effects humans by burning the skin and other tissue that it comes into contact with. This gives severe skin burning and if inhaled serious internal corrosion.

oh well i have had no bad out comes from useing it i still think its the best for killing germs so will cary on useing it

oh well i have had no bad out comes from useing it i still think its the best for killing germs so will cary on useing it

Not disputing its good i think a lot of people are getting a can pooring jayes into bucket and its far too much to start with.1 Table spoon max into a bucket is all that is required.And it must be totaly dry not damp in hutches,etc before returning them.And best keep any animals away whilst doing so.But theres much safer products as stated in past thread.

Not disputing its good i think a lot of people are getting a can pooring jayes into bucket and its far too much to start with.1 Table spoon max into a bucket is all that is required.And it must be totaly dry not damp in hutches,etc before returning them.And best keep any animals away whilst doing so.But theres much safer products as stated in past thread.

yes but more pricey and not as good

well its been good for me all thease years oh and a vet would say that to get you to buy it .its like them saying sience food is the best because they sell it

the vets only sell the spray they use safe 4 products come independantly and my vet has in the past given me Hibiscrub free to me so its not always the case!

well it says it can be used to clean animal housers and dog kennels on the tin and they are highly unlikley to injest it unless you feed it to them

how did he confirm that did he find it in its stomock im not being funny but would like to know

It doesn't have to be swallowed to poison your animal, it can be absorbed through the skin.

After reading this thread it is apparent that Jeys Fluid is a hazard to all animals especially small ones and could potentially be fatal, I guess the debate will go on and on but my point is, if you love your pets then why take the risk when there are so many other options available? If the expense is a problem then a steam cleaner being a one off purchase and would eventually work out even cheaper than a Jeys Fluid, I repeat why take the risk?

Archived