Jeyes Fluid and Rabbits

Saffy

Wow, did I really start this thread? I'd never use strong smelling stuff now ... Though I have used watered down Dettol then hosed it out and left the cage to dry.

I've found the best thing to do, is line the bottom of the cage with gaffa tape (spelling) so each strips overlaps the other. It makes it so so easy to just wipe out then.

Wow, did I really start this thread? I'd never use strong smelling stuff now ... Though I have used watered down Dettol then hosed it out and left the cage to dry.

I've found the best thing to do, is line the bottom of the cage with gaffa tape (spelling) so each strips overlaps the other. It makes it so so easy to just wipe out then.

we have lino on ours which is easy to clean too , my son has tiled the bottom of several cages in the past and used pet friendly sealant to seal it works a treat but far the best way to clean a hutch is a steam cleaner.

we have lino on ours which is easy to clean too , my son has tiled the bottom of several cages in the past and used pet friendly sealant to seal it works a treat but far the best way to clean a hutch is a steam cleaner.
Thats all i use now but its home made bit like a jet wash but very high pressure steam just add antibacterial wash to it if needed.

Thats all i use now but its home made bit like a jet wash but very high pressure steam just add antibacterial wash to it if needed.

agreed there , its nothing better ! although i am always wetter than my clean hutches lol

my hutches take ages to dry...especially this time of year..

The loo area is constantley wet and im forever trying to dry it out with wood chippings...

In summer im so gonna dry it out completley and try the gaffer tape...

I layer wood chippings & then newspaper then straw in toilet area and clean out every saturday...but still soddened and it stinks

agreed there , its nothing better ! although i am always wetter than my clean hutches lol
Oh i dont get wet and only 5 mins to dry hutchers.Never used the ones you buy so not tried one out.This was a large steamer that was origenaly on a industrial iron i just made a couple adjustments and made a jet for end of pipe.

all i can say is that my home boarding license does not recommend using jeyes for cleaning my yards which dogs mite use occassionally , so for smaller pets maybe this is not a good idea. and i am licensed by local authority and the folk who license me im sure know there stuff

thanks to the OP and everyone thats commented...

Im going to get my 2 little tykes a litter tray and no more jeyes fluid round my lil rabbits or anywhere near my dog may go...

litter trays are always good and easy to clean out however mine just turn the litter trays upside down in play lol

Archived