Where to go to treat my girlfriend to a very nice meal?

You can afford Marco@Milano they do a fixed price menu Tuesday to Friday all night £15 two courses or £20 three courses.

Have you heard Marco@Milano have won the Westside Restaurant of the year award 2008. In my opinion well deserved.:)

The Milestone at Kelham Island is really nice food and the upstairs restaurant is smartish so you can dress up. Same for Artisan at Crosspool. I'd love to be able to recommend places like the Old Vicarage but sadly not yet had the opportunity to go :(

ended up going to marcos, it was very nice and not that expensive, about £120 but we were too full for desert..

i wasnt blown away by it though.

Bit late on the thread, but would recommen fischers in baslow.

google it !

Why not do a champagne stopover at the staindrop lodge?

£130 for an evening meal with wine, a bottle of champagne for your room which has a jacuzzi in it, and then breakfast!

Never heard of this place before: You/anyone visited/stayed over? is it nice?

I went to Portofino on Chesterfield Rd, (next to Ponsfords), last friday night. Food was fantastic, my OH had fillet steak with a Jack Daniels sauce, and i had Pasta with chicken, Mushrooms and Tomato. He had two Bottles of beer and we Had a giant tomato garlic bread as a starter, absolutely delicious. Came to about 30 quid as were too full for desert and im not a big drinker when eating a meal.

Definately reccomend this place, its also usually quite quiet as its a bit out of the way, but don't let it put you off, it really is delicious!

Archived