Fewer laws, in fact only 3 laws: The solution to societies ills?

How disrespectful of you to say so-you'd be shocked for that.

Although I would request that it be painless.

NB...I think hypocrisy is allowed anyway, and on thought-we shouldn't really complicate this simple 3 law system theory with added extras and clauses, like spelling issues.

So I'd still be safe, and you slightly zapped.

Surely if one of the basic laws is respect for your neighbour and you disrespect your neighbour by not bothering to spell correctly something which you expect your neighbour to read then the end result should be 12 volts where the sun don't shine?

Surely if one of the basic laws is respect for your neighbour and you disrespect your neighbour by not bothering to spell correctly something which you expect your neighbour to read then the end result should be 12 volts where the sun don't shine?

Yes but talking like that may cause a person to end up having hair and a face that looked a bit like this: :confused:

And I'd still be wearing wellies...as it would be legal.

The three laws are fine, as long as there is consensus in interpreting the rule break...

I.e the people who administer the death by 12v battery (i'd personally like to see it in a sock being wielded as a kosh, but all details, details..:)) need to agree that said neighbour HAS been disrespectful.

So in order for there to be consensus when judging, would we not need additional laws to govern appropriate behaviour there?

• 2 years later...

The death by 12v battery seems to be quite a popular part of the proposal. Obviously it's designed to be even more dastardly than a golden laser gun between your cheeks, turned or otherwise.

so we can search through for any really idiotic ones (i remember one where every bike has to have a bell on it?)
What's idiotic about that one? They should enforce it more, and the not riding on the pavement one as well. IMO! :mad:

We could just stick to the 10 Commandments, that seemed to have more or less every eventuality covered? Loving your neighbour (respec' as it's known today) as yourself covers more or less everything, even parking?

SF is full of moans about how bad society is and how it needs to crack down on wrong doers and na'er do wells.

Well I've recently been taking notice of a few opinions that too many rules actually have the opposite of the desired effect, and to be honest I can see a lot of merit in the argument.

When you can be fined for parking your car, or forced to remove your T-shirt at airport security because it has a cartoon of a robot with a gun on the front... well you get the idea.

At a basic level traffic planners all over the world are removing traffic lights, signs, road marking and rules, and the upshot is that people learn to be courteous to one another again. Interesting eh?

So, what do you think about getting rid of the law books. Perhaps we could just have the following three laws, and community judging panels to interpret how they apply when they are broken.

Law 1: Do not kill or hurt your neighbour

Law 2: Do not steal from your neighbour

Law 3: Respect your neighbour

Of course, the punishment on conviction for transgression would have to be death by 12v battery.

If ones neighbour kills another neighbour while stealing said neighbours car would I be in breach of Law 3 if I fail to respect the murdering thieving neighbour?

The death by 12v battery seems to be quite a popular part of the proposal. Obviously it's designed to be even more dastardly than a golden laser gun between your cheeks, turned or otherwise.

Makes you wonder if we need more laws, not less. People are scary on here:help:

Archived