Does anyone suffer with a spotty rash to the tops of their arms?

Hi just wondering as I have had this now for just over a year, doctor has given me some cream to put on but makes no difference. The spots are like little reddish pimples and the area feels rough, it sometimes is quite bad and other times not too bad but never completely goes.( sounds disgusting doesn't it:gag:)It is not sore or itchy, just a little embarrassing really.

So just wondered if anyone else has this and can give me some advice on treating it, as the docs suggestion hasn't helped.:huh:

Yeah, i have it too, Not been to the doctors about it tbh.

Me and my mum both have it, Not a clue what it is either but i heard that eating fish helps and having omega 3.

I hope that's some use :D

Yes I heard that as well and tried taking Omega3 for a few months but made no difference, I also did hear that it was hereditary, although I seem to be the only one in my family to have it:(

keratosis pilaris

http://www.skincare-news.com/articles.php?ArtID=354

I suffer from it dreadfully and if i don't treat it, I feel like sandpaper (i do at the moment:|)

The best way i find to get rid of it is the following, but it will come back if you stop as its hereditary....

Buffy the backside slayer from Lush - use liberally...

Moisturise - I have some VitaminC body skin smoother from Body shop but they don't sell it anymore - try vit e oil...

It's important to reduce the bumps without taking the tops off -otherwise it looks like acne... i didn't used to suffer from it on my legs but i do now. I hate it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keratosis_pilaris

keratosis pilaris

http://www.skincare-news.com/articles.php?ArtID=354

I suffer from it dreadfully and if i don't treat it, I feel like sandpaper (i do at the moment:|)

The best way i find to get rid of it is the following, but it will come back if you stop as its hereditary....

Buffy the backside slayer from Lush - use liberally...

Moisturise - I have some VitaminC body skin smoother from Body shop but they don't sell it anymore - try vit e oil...

It's important to reduce the bumps without taking the tops off -otherwise it looks like acne... i didn't used to suffer from it on my legs but i do now. I hate it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keratosis_pilaris

Thanks very much edna, lots of good info there.

I used to suffer with this pretty bad(and I couldn`t help but pick and squeeze at it) my mate bought me some of those exfoliating gloves and I gave them a daily scrub followed by lashings of a good moisturiser.

I know the sort you mean and I have a similar sort of thing but not red, just like little bumps that you can't see really unless caught in the wrong light, but just white/ the same colour as the rest of the skin. The only time it ever went was on hols in Egypt for a week?!!! And seawater has helped in other places.

I have those. Had them all my life, but it doesn't bother me.

I wouldn't want to get rid of the little pimples, they give me something to squeeze in the shower. My hands might drift to more sinful things without them!

:hihi:

Yeah, i have it too, Not been to the doctors about it tbh.

Me and my mum both have it, Not a clue what it is either but i heard that eating fish helps and having omega 3.

I hope that's some use :D

Hi sweetie :wave:

Yes we both have it, for me its on buttocks, arms and thighs.

A good scrub followed by lots and lots of cocoa butter as often as I remember sorts them out almost completely. Applying moisturiser to soaking wet skin helps too. The weird thing with mine is where the skin is tattooed it's completely smooth! You can hardly tell I have them when I follow this routine. When I was younger I remember being told it was 'baby eczema' but the website above sounds far more accurate.

Archived