Does anyone suffer with a spotty rash to the tops of their arms?

In a strange way:loopy:I am pleased to know that I am not alone in this. I will certainly be trying out some of the techniques mentioned in the posts above.

I just hate it at this time of year when everyone is wearing little skimpy tops and I have a t shirt with sleeves down to my elbows to try and cover up.

Hi just wondering as I have had this now for just over a year, doctor has given me some cream to put on but makes no difference. The spots are like little reddish pimples and the area feels rough, it sometimes is quite bad and other times not too bad but never completely goes.( sounds disgusting doesn't it:gag:)It is not sore or itchy, just a little embarrassing really.

So just wondered if anyone else has this and can give me some advice on treating it, as the docs suggestion hasn't helped.:huh:

I get that, perticularly around my elbows. Mine gets worse in the heat and can become really quite sore. I usually get hydrocortisone (spelling?!) cream from the docs, or E45 used to make H45, which is a mild hyprocortisone. A word of caution though - I believe that hydrocortisones are a mild steroid and can cause slight scarring on the skin. I've never had it happen, but worth noting.

When mine is very bad, I also use anti-histamines which seems to take the redness out.

In a strange way:loopy:I am pleased to know that I am not alone in this. I will certainly be trying out some of the techniques mentioned in the posts above.

I just hate it at this time of year when everyone is wearing little skimpy tops and I have a t shirt with sleeves down to my elbows to try and cover up.

I don't cover up. I carry a small bottle of moisturiser or sun cream around with me an apply throughout the day, takes a minute :) It really does work and mine has never been an issue and I don't think anybody even notices it.

ask your doctor to refer you to the dermatology department, just tell your doctor your not happy with the treatment he gave you.

i was refer with really bad achne and they all went within 6months, and i had it bad.

try it

x

Yeah i get that too on bothe arms and legs. I got told by the doctor to exfoliate and use a good emolient cream after because it is apparently made worse by dry skin. My friend who gets it quite bad uses emolient products in the bath such as eucerin products. They contain urea which is good for the skin. Give it a try for nothing. Sounds daft but get plenty of air to it and sun exposure helps mine too (use suncream too of course!!).

Yeah i get that too on bothe arms and legs. I got told by the doctor to exfoliate and use a good emolient cream after because it is apparently made worse by dry skin. My friend who gets it quite bad uses emolient products in the bath such as eucerin products. They contain urea which is good for the skin. Give it a try for nothing. Sounds daft but get plenty of air to it and sun exposure helps mine too (use suncream too of course!!).

I've used the urea creams too. Very effective. I've also found a decent foot cream from Boots (CSS or CCS?) which I use on my hands! That contains urea too and is very effective.

I have just had a look for the cream the doc gave me last year and guess what, it's called

"EUCERIN - Intensive 10% w/w Urea Treatment Cream"

Maybe I should give it another go, as only used it a couple of times, and it's still dated till sept 08, got 2 tubes.

I think I probably didn't give it long enough to notice any benefits, I will start using it again today and see how it goes.

I've got this too, on the top of my arms,

My friend found a guide to to getting rid of it, which includes a lot of the suggestions mentioned above, I've been doing it for a couple of months and have seen a big improvement-you have to use sugar scrub every day, body brush then moisturise with a cream containing urea and take omega 3,6 and 9supplements.

Have you looked at http://www.keratosispilaris.org, there is loads of useful info on there:)

I've got this too, on the top of my arms,

My friend found a guide to to getting rid of it, which includes a lot of the suggestions mentioned above, I've been doing it for a couple of months and have seen a big improvement-you have to use sugar scrub every day, body brush then moisturise with a cream containing urea and take omega 3,6 and 9supplements.

Have you looked at http://www.keratosispilaris.org, there is loads of useful info on there:)

Good grief, a whole forum just about this condition:o I never realised it was so common.

Got the cream and the omega oils, just need to get sugar scrub now, any particular make you recommend?

Archived