Watching Euro 2008 in Town

jemson

It seems top me that increasingly the two are becoming mutually exclusive. Good pint = pub with no T.V. and vice versa. I'm struggling hard to think of anyone that combines the two, especially in those areas. I might go to the Nursery on Eccy Road for a compromise on both, small tvs almost drinkable beer. I'd like it if Sheffield had a decent expat community from one of the participants in Euro 2008 so I could see some footy atmosphere. At the weekend ther's Sweden, Spain, Greece, Russia, Netherlands, France, Italy and Romania playing - is there anywhere in Sheffield you'de get a decent partisan crowd for any of those teams?

It seems top me that increasingly the two are becoming mutually exclusive. Good pint = pub with no T.V. and vice versa. I'm struggling hard to think of anyone that combines the two, especially in those areas. I might go to the Nursery on Eccy Road for a compromise on both, small tvs almost drinkable beer. I'd like it if Sheffield had a decent expat community from one of the participants in Euro 2008 so I could see some footy atmosphere. At the weekend ther's Sweden, Spain, Greece, Russia, Netherlands, France, Italy and Romania playing - is there anywhere in Sheffield you'de get a decent partisan crowd for any of those teams?

Kinda what I was thinking. Where do the Polish fans go? Shame they couldn`t beat Germany.

I went past Nylon today and saw the signs about the refurb over the summer when i spotted one of the staff and it appears that they are moving operations over the rd (old empire bar) for the summer, looked over to see a massive hive of activity over there with alot of work going on outside in the courtyard, i asked about the footy and Steve (staff member) said that they openeed this weekend but the bosses have said that if theres enough interest they will show it both in and outside, the outside matchs could be brilliant........thats if we have good weather that is :)

Archived