Update On Gatecrasher Required

Cheers for the reply. I suppose it is the trend to be holding branded club nights at clubs around the UK and world now (as Cream has done for example) as opposed to them being based on one venue all the time.

Yep - and when the land your club occupies would happily be purchased by developers for a small fortune you're laughing if your club 'accidentally' burns down. Especially when you'd never have got planning permission to demolish it. Amazing how it happened to both Bed and Gatecrasher - some unlucky owners there...

There are architects working on plans to rebuild the Gatecrasher building. They are planning the club in the basement and apartments above. Planning permission hasn't been applied for yet, watch this space these procedures usually take a bit of time.

to soundproof an entire building from a club in the basement would be virtually impossible, the base that GC generated used to be heard at my flat 1/2 a mile away in jet centro, never mind an apartment 20 fot above the speakers.

to soundproof an entire building from a club in the basement would be virtually impossible, the base that GC generated used to be heard at my flat 1/2 a mile away in jet centro, never mind an apartment 20 fot above the speakers.

No it isnt.

If a new build is designed with a basement club with sound insulation it is perfectly easy to do this. Have you ever been to Magaluf ?

15 years ago I was in a hotel yards away from BMG a massive nightclub and you could hear nothing outside or in the hotel despite very loud music inside.

I have been in hotels in London with nighclubs inside with loud music and you can't hear anything in the rooms. I have been to many cities in central europe where the very old apartment blocks from the communist era have bars and clubs in the vaulted cellars and you can't hear a peep upstairs.

Archived