Parking Permits in Hillsborough.

So has some kind of letter come out to residents telling them you have to apply for a permit? I've not had one and really need to park there, I'm 8 months pregnant.

If you live in the area you should have had a booklet telling you how to apply.

If not phone parking services 0114 2735469.If you don't live in the area you won't get one.

So has some kind of letter come out to residents telling them you have to apply for a permit? I've not had one and really need to park there, I'm 8 months pregnant.

you would only have had a letter if your street is part of the scheme. Which road do you live on? If you'd rather not say click on the consultation doc (the last pdf at the bottom of the page HERE and you'll see how your street is affected.

• 4 weeks later...
A word or two of warning for ill informed scaremongers:

Get your facts right if you are going to try to start a scare story!

The real facts:

Current permit prices from the Council's website -

Resident - First permit £10, second and additional permits £30

Business - First permit £20, second and additional permits £60

Visitor - £2.50 for a book of 25 daily permits

Trade - £25 for a book of 25 daily permits

Special (health workers) - £5 per year

Since these kind of permits were introduced in 2004, the cost of permits only rose ONCE, and that was by a whole pound!

The previous Lib Dem administration REDUCED the permit costs to their current levels. So, the facts do not point to increases at all.

Pay and display parking in permit areas was first introduced at 20p per hour. After several years of no increases, that has recently increased by 20p per hour, which of course is 100% if you choose to look at it that way.

that was till todays announcement by S.C.C all parking permits to double in price

it was on sheffield stars web page along with 550 jobs to go / cutbacks

Ah, The Star seem to have put it in their Barnsley section for some reason - link http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/barnsley/further_council_cuts_will_bite_even_deeper_1_4223996

To be fair, that article only says that "many" permit prices will be doubled. Although I'd not put too much money down against it being the vast majority.

A word or two of warning for ill informed scaremongers:

Get your facts right if you are going to try to start a scare story!

Er... looks as though he did, according to this bit lifted from the Star article:

Many parking permit fees will be doubled for household and business vehicles within zones around the city.

Fees will go up from £10 to £20 for each first car per household, £20 to £40 for businesses’ first vehicles, and £30 to £60 for second household vehicles. Second business vehicle permit charges will rise from £60 to £90.

The £5 cost to replace or change permits will rise to £15 and the cost of household visitor pass booklets will quadruple from £2.50 to £10.

So... permits to go up by 100% as well, except for visitor permits which are going up by 300%. Looks like the people of this city have a rather shrewder idea of our council's activities than Planner1. Anybody with any sense whatsoever could see what was going to happen.

Archived