Parking Permits in Hillsborough.

the service was free before because the homeowners were free to park their cars outside their houses for errr nothing!!!, if its to ease traffic then there is a well used piece of technology thats been around for years, they are called double yellow lines, STOP ripping motorists off by charging them to park outside their own houses, its not morally right

As I have said before in the Owlerton bit of this dogs breakfast scheme double yellow lines have been put down on one side of some roads (the longer ones).Thereby reducing what usually was available space by 50 %.

How will that attract visitors/shoppers?

Lorry access? Come on a Monday morning our bin lorry hardly ever has a problem.

None of these roads are major routes,and are mainly used by residents.

So who benefits.

Planner 1 Remind us again what the voting figures were,IIRC about a majority of 2% for, hardly a landslide.Of course now after years of picking at the scheme residents have at last managed to find out the truth of this fiasco I suspect a large amount of residents would now want to throw it out.

Planner 1 Remind us again what the voting figures were,IIRC about a majority of 2% for, hardly a landslide.Of course now after years of picking at the scheme residents have at last managed to find out the truth of this fiasco I suspect a large amount of residents would now want to throw it out.

What makes you think I have them to hand? Read the red bit below my posts. I don't work for the Council.

So, what great truth is it that you think you've found out?

The scheme does not provide permits for residents/businesses, it charges them for the privilege. It makes people think twice about coming to an area that already finds it difficult to attract visitors.

The point of these schemes is that parking bays are laid out and enforced such that there is greater turnover of spaces and visitors can usually find a space. There have been plenty of people on her who have confirmed they now find it easier to get a space when visiting permit areas.

An 'additional service' implies that it is something that can be opted out of. It isn't. It has been imposed whether you like it or not.

And those streets which didn't want it weren't included in the scheme.

The point of these schemes is that parking bays are laid out and enforced such that there is greater turnover of spaces and visitors can usually find a space. There have been plenty of people on her who have confirmed they now find it easier to get a space when visiting permit areas.

And those streets which didn't want it weren't included in the scheme.

Parking bays were alredy laid out and a space can usually be found. So whats changed? Of course, there is a charge for this service now.

So everyone on those streets included in the scheme were in favour of its implentation? Evidence of this would be useful - have you got any you can post on here?

What makes you think I have them to hand? Read the red bit below my posts. I don't work for the Council.

So, what great truth is it that you think you've found out?

Notice you are not an employee of the council but once were.

Do you by any chance do subcontract for the council now?

I hear Hillsborough Park is to introduce a parking scheme as well (as well as increasing the cost to rent the space for sports clubs).

Won't that have an impact on the sporting activities that take place there? so much for the government wanting everyone to get fit and healthy - making activities unviable.

If they were to introduce a drinking licence for the park, at least that would generate some income and thus less likely to need to charge for parking...

I hear Hillsborough Park is to introduce a parking scheme as well (as well as increasing the cost to rent the space for sports clubs).

Won't that have an impact on the sporting activities that take place there? so much for the government wanting everyone to get fit and healthy - making activities unviable.

If they were to introduce a drinking licence for the park, at least that would generate some income and thus less likely to need to charge for parking...

The council will not be concerned at all as they will be too busy counting the additional income they are generating.

Today's article in the Star about the Hillsborough again says that the main point of it is to deter people from parking all day and going off into town on the tram, i.e. using the area as a free car park. Of course there was a very simple solution to that, as discussed on here before: if the park & ride at Malin Bridge was free to park in, there wouldn't be any need for anyone to do that in the first place. But no: the council can't abide the idea of anything being free, so they have to screw money out of those who park at the park & ride, and then screw some more money out of those who don't.

Archived