Parking Permits in Hillsborough.

Why don't you use the integrated transport system that the city has?

I thought you were a great advocate for public transport.

I advocate choice and I use public transport to get to work sometimes. I have also walked a fair distance to work or the station on occasion ( 3+ miles).

I tend to mostly use the car because of the onward trips I often make after work, which aren't that easy or quick by public transport.

So you park outside someones house ? Is there no permit parking there .How would you feel if you could no longer take your car to work and had to use public transport all the time ?

Residents don't like commuters ,not totally true .Now more commuters are crammed into a smaller area rather than being spread around a bit .

No you cannot please everyone . But not charging for permits would certainly please many people i'm sure.

But that's the point parking isn't easier .I know of people who have permits but are having to pay to park because their road and the roads in their scheme are full . It would make more sense ,if we have to have these schemes to guaranteed a place . Having a permit doesn't give you free rein to park anywhere that has a permit .You are restricted to a few roads .If you have lots of visitors you better raid the bank as you have to pay for them to visit you .Ridiculous.

So you park outside someones house ? Is there no permit parking there .How would you feel if you could no longer take your car to work and had to use public transport all the time ?

Residents don't like commuters ,not totally true .Now more commuters are crammed into a smaller area rather than being spread around a bit .

No you cannot please everyone . But not charging for permits would certainly please many people i'm sure.

I don't park in front of anyone's house and you don't need a permit where I park. I have used public transport to get to work extensively, I don't have any problem with it at all.

There are different thoughts and different approaches on charging for permits. £20 a year is hardly a kings ransom when compared to the cost of owning and running a car.

Recieved a new leaflet a few days ago asking for my opinions on the scheme. Leaflet is still written from a "pro scheme" point of view, rather than presenting a balanced argument, which was my chief complaint last time.

I mean, the question: "would it be better if the scheme were extended? yes/no", really should be paired up with, "would it be better if the scheme were reduced? yes/no". Ho hum.

We don't have the scheme on our street, and I think parking has got marginally worse in the last few months (not scheme related - a beauty salon relocated here, and as such there are more ladies wanting to be made beautiful travelling here in cars).

My plan is to respond, and in the comments box ask for the whole thing to be scrapped, even though I know its a waste of good ink. I urge others to do the same. Tell them that things are worse, but don't ask for an extension, ask for it to go.

Great comments on this thread by BoroB.

I mean, the question: "would it be better if the scheme were extended? yes/no", really should be paired up with, "would it be better if the scheme were reduced? yes/no". Ho hum.

Who'd have thought! The review consultation comprises similarly loaded questions to that of the original consultation? Surely not?

Archived